ANOTHER New Product Alert: Savage Mark II Enhanced Magazine Release

Nice but it costs $125 for lets say a $300 rifle?

You must have a $20 tasco scope on yours, and have never looked at putting a magazine system into a Remington 700, an aftermarket slide on a Glock 17, or changed out of the tupperware "synthetic" stock on a hunting rifle.... :runaway:

The Mark II is one of the most commonly used rifles in Rimfire PRS.

:nest:

You must have a $20 tasco scope on yours, and have never looked at putting a magazine system into a Remington 700, an aftermarket slide on a Glock 17, or changed out of the tupperware "synthetic" stock on a hunting rifle.... :runaway:

I like what you've done here. Looks real good. I haven't gotten into Rimfire PRS yet, but if I do (and I really want to, if I can just find the time, bought a rifle last year) I'll definitely have to look into getting one of these!

I have to agree with IvoB. It is priced too high. Full bottom metal for center fine R700 or Savage is $195. This is just a sliding cover plate.

$125 is about 25% of the cost of a full MDT XRS chassis during black friday. Would you buy this for a mediocre stock or put the money into something leaps and bounds better.

Maybe at $50-$75 it would be worth it but this puts you well on your way to something better. Not to mention there is limited resale value.

Im am machinist and can guess what the actual cycle time is on these things. Best of luck with sales at that price point.

Okay, I love the pieces that Rick makes available for us firearms enthusists.

In saying that, I'm unfortunately on board with IvoB, seamusm and Jahnj0584.

Your $125.00 price tag for this Savage Mark II magazine enhancement plate is too high. I see there is two pieces to this new design. And the quality looks amazing as well, but.

$75.00 would be my limit on this!.....:)

And before all the keyboard warriors tell me how expensive everything is, I'm well aware what the fascists' liberals has done to this once great country.

Make a little, sell a lot, make a lot, sell a little.

It's Rick's choice, yes I know, make it reasonable and you will sell lots.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Everyone realizes this is both a new bottom metal AND a mag release right? DIP sells just the bottom metal for $25usd, so the magazine release alone would be pretty close to that $75 price point people are talking about.

I like the concept. Removing the longer 10 shot mag has always be more difficult when wearing gloves compared to the almost flush 5 shot mag.

I didn't get the opportunity to shoot mine in a while, but as many argue that the price is a little hefty for the materials sold, one has to recognize that R&D time isn't free and you're encouraging a local Canadian Industry and innovation.

I'm clearly bookmarking this for future purchase if I find a new place to plink away.

I like the concept. Removing the longer 10 shot mag has always be more difficult when wearing gloves compared to the almost flush 5 shot mag.

I didn't get the opportunity to shoot mine in a while, but as many argue that the price is a little hefty for the materials sold, one has to recognize that R&D time isn't free and you're encouraging a local Canadian Industry and innovation.

I'm clearly bookmarking this for future purchase if I find a new place to plink away.

I think we all agree it's an amazing idea, and it's too expensive!.....:(

Make it $75.00 and ATRS will sell hundreds.

Rick?

Last edited:
Nice try Suther!....:)

:stirthepot2::dancingbanana::stirthepot2:

By all means, it's out of my price range currently but I'm a cheap SOB and I don't use my Savage enough to care. When I get into PRS I'll be interested though, and I've got two Mk IIs so if I like the first I might have to get a second... and my kids will start growing out of the rascal soon, might need to add more mk IIs... this could get expensive!

At a minimum I think we can all agree the factory mag release sucks. Lol

Back
Top Bottom