Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3x Arctic Rifle back in stock!

CGN Regular
    This is basically a stainless CTR. Not sure a Wood stock is worth the extra $1700. Still want one lol

I'd much rather have a CZ 557 Range rifle. And, if you can't find one, you can build one. Buy a leftover 557 Lux SA, buy a Ranger stock from Wolverine Supplies, along with a 10-round mag and a pic rail. Done for half the price
    "People not only don't know what's happening to them, they don't even know that they don't know." Noam Chomsky

Quote Originally Posted by The Kurgan View Post
    I'd much rather have a CZ 557 Range rifle. And, if you can't find one, you can build one. Buy a leftover 557 Lux SA, buy a Ranger stock from Wolverine Supplies, along with a 10-round mag and a pic rail. Done for half the price
    This sounds fun too!

Quote Originally Posted by L.Parratt View Post
    I've owned a T3x CTR, T3X Tac A1, And the Arctic. With 10 Mags between them. And years between rifle MFG Dates.

Without fail each rifle and each mag would have feeding issues. He'll even the Ranger Rifles have the mag issues.
    Weird, I've had the opposite experience. Do not like the price tag of the mags though.
    Victory Formation

"Somebody get a gun and shoot it! Doesn't anybody have a gun?" Jaws 1975
    A society grows great when men plant trees in whose shade they know they shall never sit.

Alberta for now, back to the Yukon someday
    I've had the .308 Arctic for a few years now and I haven't had the mag feed issues being stated here, in any of the mags I have for it. I also tried the CZ ranger model and comparing triggers and sights and I found the Arctic's two stage trigger to be fantastic, and the rotary adjustable rear aperture to be just about as perfect as you could find for open sights.

Quote Originally Posted by .22LRGUY View Post
    ^reading that suggests you might not have experience with both of those makes. I've literally never heard anyone even suggest a Ruger American is in the same stratosphere as a Tikka. Tikkas are the more affordable SAKOs, but I don't think that alone makes a Ruger American comparable. Just this Tikka fan's opinion. I've shot 2 Ruger Americans, and a RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor. I haven't owned a Ruger centerfire but based on those experiences, I'll stick to Tikka

Actually you are wrong. I have fired several models in both Tikka and Ruger American.

Are Tikkas nice? Sure, they are okay, but so are Ruger Americans.

I'm not slamming Tikka, they are just overpriced. Their synthetic stocks are Tupperware.

The walnut and laminate stocks that Tikka make are gorgeous. Ruger American synthetic stocks are also Tupperware.

Tikka's actions are all built on a long action, if you buy a 223 Rem or a 243 Win it's a long action receiver in a short action caliber. The whole idea of lightweight and quick cycling time is diminished.

Like I said, if you pay big money for a Tikka, you may as well buy a Sako, now there is a beautiful rifle.

I would buy a Ruger American for $750.00 before I paid over $1000.00 for a Tikka.

I know there is a lot of Tikka fans and that's good. I'm not one of them.......
    Last edited by Thunderhog; 12-13-2022 at 11:25 PM.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    I would buy a Ruger American for $750.00 before I paid over $1000.00 for a Tikka
    I sold my Ruger American and paid $1250 for a CTR, was worth every single penny.
    Victory Formation

"Somebody get a gun and shoot it! Doesn't anybody have a gun?" Jaws 1975
    A society grows great when men plant trees in whose shade they know they shall never sit.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    I love Chevy over Ford because reasons…
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    Actually you are wrong. I have fired several models in both Tikka and Ruger American.

Are Tikkas nice? Sure, they are okay, but so are Ruger Americans.

I'm not slamming Tikka, they are just overpriced. Their synthetic stocks are Tupperware.

The walnut and laminate stocks that Tikka make are gorgeous. Ruger American synthetic stocks are also Tupperware.

Tikka's actions are all built on a long action, if you buy a 223 Rem or a 243 Win it's a long action receiver in a short action caliber. The whole idea of lightweight and quick cycling time is diminished.

Like I said, if you pay big money for a Tikka, you may as well buy a Sako, now there is a beautiful rifle.

I would buy a Ruger American for $750.00 before I paid over $1000.00 for a Tikka.

I know there is a lot of Tikka fans and that's good. I'm not one of them.......
    Fair enough!

As much as I like Tikkas, the Arctic is a little rich for my blood. Would be nice for a host of reasons, I think I'm making myself feel better by believing I don't need a 308.

I had a chance to handle one at the Tillsonburg gun shop… They have one they’re on consignment. Asking price is 3K, I believe chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor… I would love one and 308, but I just can’t justify the expense. Not too many polar bears, I need to protect myself from in southwestern Ontario.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast