Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Tikka T3x Arctic Rifle back in stock!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterhenderson View Post
    I'd way rather have my Ruger gunsite 308 (which are expensive now as well) than the ultra expensive Tikka Arctic at almost double the price. With its 16.5 inch barrel and easy to get metal magazines its a great package. You might notice this Ruger has actual bottom metal and trigger guard instead of the plastic!!
    Have the same rifle in the stainless/synthetic pattern... the Arctic is a better rifle from my experience and well worth the money if you are looking for this type of rifle. My GSR's 1-10 twist and 16.1" barrel can only shot 150gr bullets with authority (your milage may vary with a different barrel length and stock). The Hawkeye actions are good but I had to spend a few hours “wearing” it-in to cycle smoothly. If you didn’t manipulate the bolt just right it would hang-up.

The Arctic shoots everything like a laser. The sights are fricken awesome. The action is like glass. The double stack mag is much more compact... it’s just a bit heavy and expensive. and... you get what you pay for if you want this type of rifle.
    Last edited by BeaverMeat; 02-12-2023 at 05:14 PM.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Big Bad's Avatar
    At the deadly intersection of Turd and Blair.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.308 View Post
    I think the sights are a big part of the price. I believe I once read they are valued at close to $1k. I believe a quality set of iron sights on a 20" bolt gun in .308 is about as badass as it gets.
    I was just looking at one and the sights are absolutely superb, the best I've seen in multi range open sights. That practically sold me the rifle- but it is a pricey bugger for sure. And yeah it's a bit heavy, plus no flash hider (which is of course part of the original concept).

Quote Originally Posted by L.Parratt View Post
    $3150 For a rifle that's magazines don't even work well. Damn shame.
    What's supposed to be wrong with the mags on this rifle? First I've heard about a problem.
    "Guns don't kill people, the government does." -- Dale Gribble

"Knowledge isn't free. You have to pay attention." -- Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad View Post
    I was just looking at one and the sights are absolutely superb, the best I've seen in multi range open sights. That practically sold me the rifle- but it is a pricey bugger for sure. And yeah it's a bit heavy, plus no flash hider (which is of course part of the original concept).

What's supposed to be wrong with the mags on this rifle? First I've heard about a problem.
    Some have had feeding problems that require a small adjustment in the mag to resolve.

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting...dness.6984216/

I have had no issues yet, but just bought a 2nd mag ($200 - ouch!!) and haven’t tested that one yet.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Big Bad's Avatar
    At the deadly intersection of Turd and Blair.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.308 View Post
    I think the sights are a big part of the price. I believe I once read they are valued at close to $1k. I believe a quality set of iron sights on a 20" bolt gun in .308 is about as badass as it gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by L.Parratt View Post
    $3150 For a rifle that's magazines don't even work well. Damn shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by K1LLswitch View Post
    Some have had feeding problems that require a small adjustment in the mag to resolve.

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting...dness.6984216/

I have had no issues yet, but just bought a 2nd mag ($200 - ouch!!) and haven’t tested that one yet.
    Thanks, I assume that adjustment is no big deal.

Looks like they're sold out anyway so back to SQ 1.
    "Guns don't kill people, the government does." -- Dale Gribble

"Knowledge isn't free. You have to pay attention." -- Richard Feynman

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345