Ruger LC Carbine 5.7x28mm now approved for Canada 765.26USD

After some substantial investigating into ammunition's costs, this carbine will be expensive to feed.

Over $1.00 every time you pull the trigger.

Now the re-loaders are going to say roll your own and I agree. But, good luck finding your spent brass in grass or snow......:(

Pricey ammo indeed

After some substantial investigating into ammunition's costs, this carbine will be expensive to feed.

Over $1.00 every time you pull the trigger.

Now the re-loaders are going to say roll your own and I agree. But, good luck finding your spent brass in grass or snow......:(

There was some discussion about reloading this round in a previous thread on this rifle. The cases have a special lube on them, so you need to be careful cleaning them because you don't want to remove that. The round has no taper so it needs the lube for reliable extraction particularly in semi autos. Otherwise it seems doable though.

I can still buy a restricted rifle?

Yes. C21 would ban this rifle if it passes with the amendments the Liberals are trying to add last minute, but that legislation appears to be shelved until April at this point.

There is nothing currently on the books that would ban this gun.

I believe that the only reason for the lube was reliable feeding in the rotating mechanism of the PS90 mag.I'd be inclined to think that in a standard double stack magazine, this round would perform without the lube.
I had actually forgot about the lube and the tricky part of reloading this caliber.

This is a deal breaker for me, I’m out.

$25 import fee

I don't know what math you are using but 765.25 + 25 is not 799.99.

I'm afraid this is common for IRG, just weird things because whoever is doing it has too much on their plate and no answers or clarification for that very same reason. <sigh> Was thinking of ordering... but I'll keep thinking instead of buying with this kind of attention to detail.

I believe that the only reason for the lube was reliable feeding in the rotating mechanism of the PS90 mag.I'd be inclined to think that in a standard double stack magazine, this round would perform without the lube.

There was a video where they reloaded the cartridges after different kinds of tumbling or stripping that lube. Found it - go to 12.26

Short summary is tumbling is ok, stripping the lacquer completely is ok, half assedly removing the lacquer - results in FTF. I have no issues with reloading this cartridge myself and I generally use the least cleaning methods (I don't care if my brass is shiny)

Last edited:
This post has been corrected. They are 765.26USD

I don't know what math you are using but 765.25 + 25 is not 799.99.

I'm afraid this is common for IRG, just weird things because whoever is doing it has too much on their plate and no answers or clarification for that very same reason. <sigh> Was thinking of ordering... but I'll keep thinking instead of buying with this kind of attention to detail.

Back
Top Bottom