Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boxing day blow out.... in Canada

why is the Ruger Restricted? it look like a normal semi-auto rifle.
    "when you have to shoot, shoot dont talk."
    -the ugly

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pomelum View Post
    why is the Ruger Restricted? it look like a normal semi-auto rifle.
    Non-Restricted semi auto centre fire rifles in Kanuckistan require an 18.5" barrel...
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post

Mossberg Jerry Miculek Pro Series 940 12 gauge semi auto shotgun 899.99USD
    Attachment 642190

Please click pictures for link to site
    Will you be getting the 940 JM Pro tactical shotgun?
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Maybe you can help me, I’m new “optic ready” slides. I also have the psa dagger g19 slide from irg. I know it’s a RMR foot print. This is where it gets confusing for me. I now there’s a whole set of adapter plates available. How do you know what goes with what or what fits directly. Like shouldn’t this optic say RMR mount. Non of the optics seem to list what type of mount they are, or am I wrong? Do they all need adapters? Why the variety, shouldn’t there be a standard? I also have a Sig 320 “optic ready” would this fit that? How do I know what to look for for that? Does all sig brand optics fit the Sig?

Quote Originally Posted by Cueburn View Post
    Maybe you can help me, I’m new “optic ready” slides. I also have the psa dagger g19 slide from irg. I know it’s a RMR foot print. This is where it gets confusing for me. I now there’s a whole set of adapter plates available. How do you know what goes with what or what fits directly. Like shouldn’t this optic say RMR mount. Non of the optics seem to list what type of mount they are, or am I wrong? Do they all need adapters? Why the variety, shouldn’t there be a standard? I also have an Sig 320 “optic ready” would this fit that? How do I know what to look for for that? Does all sig brand optics fit the Sig?
    Welcome to the wonderful world of handgun optics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cueburn View Post
    Maybe you can help me, I’m new “optic ready” slides. I also have the psa dagger g19 slide from irg. I know it’s a RMR foot print. This is where it gets confusing for me. I now there’s a whole set of adapter plates available. How do you know what goes with what or what fits directly. Like shouldn’t this optic say RMR mount. Non of the optics seem to list what type of mount they are, or am I wrong? Do they all need adapters? Why the variety, shouldn’t there be a standard? I also have a Sig 320 “optic ready” would this fit that? How do I know what to look for for that? Does all sig brand optics fit the Sig?
    Optic forum probably more appropriate, but short answer is there are a few footprints, RMR is Trijicon RMR footprint, but other brands/models uses it such as certain Holosun and Swamp fox... Probably others but those are the ones I found.

Adapter plates are often for Glock MOS (which from my understanding is proprietary too) to whatever you want or sometimes to use by removing the rear sight and sliding an adapter plate in the dovetail. Adapter plate to go from say, an RMR slide to a Doctor footprint also exist but harder to find and so expensive (often 100-150) that you might as well just buy another optic unless you really want a certain one in particular that doesn't have your slide footprint...

I'm also just getting into it so take all of this with a grain of salt...
    Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has.
    - Descartes

Is the online order function broken? I enter my CC info and hit complete and it flashes a "no shipping address" error and boots me out of the checkout. I tried a couple times, verified my address is there, same issue when I try to finish the order. Trying to give you money but your not making it easy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12