Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why 90 Days for Off Topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Callee View Post
    Thanks for that! I've read rhose rules twice now, but somehow missed that. I joined the news group like you said, and sure enough there is the thread. Thanks for the help.

I will push back on you though on the idea of "taking it personally" .

In my experience, phrases like "don't take it personally" are usually said by the people not affected by a decision, and usually said to the people who are affected. It's easy to say "don't take it personally" when it doesn't affect you! To the person who is affected though, I mean, they are literally the person being affected, so i'm honestly not sure how else they could take it.

There's another thread right now where someone asks if you'd buy a gun on the C21 list. I replied that I would. I said i'm generally a rule follower, but I have trouble with rules that don't make obvious sense, or rules that make things harder with no obvious bennefit.

I'm open to being corrected, but so far this 90 day rule seems to be one of those. I haven't yet seen any reason for it. I've seen a few reasons why it should apply to this or that other jerkface, but so far no reason why it should apply to me.
    You make it seem like you are the only one that had to deal with it. But we ALL started as a newbie, we all started at the bottom. People these days are impatient. Sorry this site been around 20 plus years and more rules got put in place due to idiots. Sorry unfortually you just have to deal with it, as someone previously ruined it for you.

Just because you havent seen a reason in the 2 month that you were a member, doesn't erase the 20 years of stuff that happened before you.

Why not ask the admin, they would personally give you a reason.
    Last edited by OkayShooter; 12-29-2022 at 07:47 PM.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Regular
    Honestly, i'm not trying to disrespect the site or the 20 years it's been here.
    In 20 years, they'd get a lot of stuff figured out.
    And given the size of the site and the membership, obviously they're doing more than a few things right.

But I also know that over 20 years, there's also going to be some institutional inertia - those things that you just keep doing a certain way for no other reason than that you been doing it that way for 20 years.

The worst part of institutional inertia is that the people who have been around a long time have simply gotten used to it, and the only people who can see the issues or problems are those new people who have fresh eyes. That's why "newbie" isn't always a bad thing, eh?

And given the size of the site and the membership, obviously they're doing more than a few things right.

But I also know that over 20 years, there's also going to be some institutional inertia - those things that you just keep doing a certain way for no other reason than that you been doing it that way for 20 years.

The worst part of institutional inertia is that the people who have been around a long time have simply gotten used to it, and the only people who can see the issues or problems are those new people who have fresh eyes. That's why "newbie" isn't always a bad thing, eh?
    Did you join CGN to talk about guns or just want somewhere you can rapid fire piss and moan like it was Reddit?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Grove View Post
    Did you join CGN to talk about guns or just want somewhere you can rapid fire piss and moan like it was Reddit?
    It's a big internet, no reason I can't do both!

These rules have not always been in place. We are not a bunch of old people that are afraid of change, and reject change. Thank the idiots before you that forced the admins to put these changes in place. So good luck getting them to change the rules for you. So sit back, enjoy the sections you can.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

What's the problem, if you like guns and hanging out here you will be around long after the 90 days. Jump through the hoops, it's not that hard.

Once you are here long enough and have access to OT you will be happy with the barriers that have been put up to deter trolls.
    The current trolls are already hard to get rid off, don't even want to think how bad it would be without any restrictions to join.
    May 1st 2020, clear proof;
    Registration leads to confiscation!

Hey don't feel bad I have been here since 2011 and am still a newbie. Just not a big poster.

CGN Regular
    It's a big internet, no reason I can't do both!
    You make valid points, life in general is not fair. Love the energy, focus it on what matters, such as getting the liberals out of office.

Glad to hear there is an off topic forum.

I’m on other forums (not gun related) and completely understand the 90 day rule, so will do my time patiently.

Only 88 sleeps to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12