Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Type 81 Fixed stock filler block

Sucks that the t81 is an open backed receiver though..doesn’t sound the most durable. God, I REALLY miss taking the vz out..an amazing firearm. Better in a few ways than an ak or t81 imo. Striker fire, milled receiver, lightweight..Hasn’t been matched yet

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CARLTROS View Post
    Sucks that the t81 is an open backed receiver though..doesn’t sound the most durable. God, I REALLY miss taking the vz out..an amazing firearm. Better in a few ways than an ak or t81 imo. Striker fire, milled receiver, lightweight..Hasn’t been matched yet
    why does it sucks when AK47 has the same open rear end?

thats one thing i dont like about my vz58, its the striker.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ardent's Avatar
    Northern BC, Coastal BC, or Africa. Depends on the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by CARLTROS View Post
    I’ve had and extensively shot them all, AK (Valmets, in stamped and milled, and played with the worn out junk in Africa), VZs, and T81s. When all is considered including entry cost, the T81 wins out of the group for me solidly, especially the folder. They’re remarkably good guns for the money, and I hate to give the Chinese credit.

Why’s that? Recoils sharper, construction is shoddier, magazine insertion sloppier, worse heavier trigger pull..why do you favour the t81 over the vz58?

CGN Regular
    My cz858 was chewing into the reciever weird where the bolt rides I wouldnt call it better . Design wise the type 81 is superior. Adjustable gas system better mag release and smoother action. The vz has its place for sure but I wouldnt call it the ultimate 7.62 gun

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ardent's Avatar
    Northern BC, Coastal BC, or Africa. Depends on the season.
    My T81s have been slightly more accurate than my VZs, but this is likely as much a factor of they shoot where I look better than the VZ than design factors. Never liked paint as a finish, recoil’s definitely not sharper to my shoulder they’re both 7.62x39 powder puffs and the T81s got one of the softest impulses going, in fact that was one of my biggest take aways the first time I shot one was the slow and soft impulse. Folder mechanism is better on the T81, sights are better, and I heavily prefer the gas system (not a big fan of the VZ’s piston return spring). I really like the T81s gas flow adjustment option as well.

And most of all, they just shoot where I look easier with less effort and range time. That’s the penultimate factor in any carbine for me, how quick can I pick it up and quickly hit targets, that happens easier for me with the T81 and Valmets than the VZ. This all said, I like the VZ, I just prefer the Valmet, and T81… and the T81 wins the price war by a large margin. So it gets the pick as best all round choice in the commie segment from this guy.

The Type 81 is a battle proven rifle that was specifically designed to be BETTER than all other AK/AKM platforms and during the Sino-Vietnam war, it proved it was.

It has a longer receiver, combined with the piston system it will feel “softer” to shoot compared to the AK/AKM. Which is why many would agree that it’s more accurate.

1913 stock adapter mentioned above, put a sling swivel on it.
    Last edited by Uberfiend; 01-02-2023 at 01:06 AM.
    Red Dragons!

Quote Originally Posted by Rarbar99 View Post
    The Type 81 is a battle proven rifle that was specifically designed to be BETTER than all other AK/AKM platforms and during the Sino-Vietnam war, it proved it was.

It has a longer receiver, combined with the piston system it will feel “softer” to shoot compared to the AK/AKM. Which is why many would agree that it’s more accurate.
    If 5 moa is more accurate than a good AK.

More controllable when being fired in full auto? Maybe. Better than an AK in any other way though?

*shrug*

As for the OP let him take the stock off if he wants. It's his range toy/plinker. Who cares. If he has fun and shoots it, awesome.
    Slava Ukraini
    Beholden to neither left nor right, just calling the world as I see it
    "I literally just directly quoted your use of colour revolution techniques..."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfiend View Post
    1913 stock adapter mentioned above, put a sling swivel on it.
    Interesting thought. Would a SAS MP5 sling stabilized style shooting stance work with a Type 81, or would the recoil be too much?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast