Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ginex Small Pistol Primers

I also use them for practice ammo and haven't really tested their accuracy, but as far as success rate my experience has been much better than yours. I've not had a single failure to fire after 300 rounds of 38 special, and my only problem with seating them using my Lee single stage press has been specifically with S&B brass. All others seat just fine, tough not always evenly. But as I said, all of them have gone bang so far.

20,000 reloaded of 9mm and 40S&W 40 seat better than CCI for me and the 9mm have been good other than a couple brands of brass have been temperamental. I have had no failures to fire on anything up to this point

Would you always suggest using a case lube when seating these guys for new 9mm brass

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Steers View Post
    Would you always suggest using a case lube when seating these guys for new 9mm brass
    If you are asking whether you should mix case lube (even lightly) with your primers the answer is NO. Don't even go there.

Clean your brass cases very well and make sure they are dry if you wet tumble. Dirty primer pockets can make seating a primer more difficult.

S&B 9mm brass is very high quality but they can be a tight fit when seating some brands of primers. It's trial and error, basically. If a brand of brass has tight primer pockets then simply switch to another brand of brass. At least handgun brass is still available right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dagc View Post
    If you are asking whether you should mix case lube (even lightly) with your primers the answer is NO. Don't even go there.

Clean your brass cases very well and make sure they are dry if you wet tumble. Dirty primer pockets can make seating a primer more difficult.

S&B 9mm brass is very high quality but they can be a tight fit when seating some brands of primers. It's trial and error, basically. If a brand of brass has tight primer pockets then simply switch to another brand of brass. At least handgun brass is still available right now.
    No I was meaning usually I give my 9mm a light spray and mix it around before I start to reload. I was more meaning if I should give it an extra lube or two to make sure they seat better

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Steers View Post
    No I was meaning usually I give my 9mm a light spray and mix it around before I start to reload. I was more meaning if I should give it an extra lube or two to make sure they seat better
    Hmmm... interesting idea. But I wouldn't do that. You always run the risk of getting some lube into the primer or primer pocket. I do not lube my 9mm casings, I use the Lee carbide resizing die. Enough things can go wrong with reloading without adding a new variable into the mix, but that's just my 1 cent opinion (was 2 cents but we have inflation). But at least 9mm brass is plentiful and you can just sort out the brands that work best with each type of primer, so I don't think you need to add an extra spray.

I think I seriously derailed this thread. Sorry about that. Will stop posting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123