Ruger/Marlin Lever future

marlin58

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hi, I bought my 45-70 from you guys last summer and "mucho happy" with it. Have you heard any rumblings they may be offering a similar lever in .44 mag anytime soon? and exported to you? Cheers:HFU:

They are busy making the .41 mag that I requested. I told 'em to make it blued/walnut, and offer it as a combo with a 5" blued/walnut Redhawk.

I guess times have changed now, and the Redhawk will be off the table for me :(

Maybe the American market will benefit from my brilliant suggestions :p

They are busy making the .41 mag that I requested. I told 'em to make it blued/walnut, and offer it as a combo with a 5" blued/walnut Redhawk.

I guess times have changed now, and the Redhawk will be off the table for me :(

Maybe the American market will benefit from my brilliant suggestions :p

Hopefully, we will have news when we return from SHOT in 2.5 weeks :)

It would make a lot of sense to bring back a .22LR lever and tap into that market. And apparently that was Annie Oakley's favourite gun!

(Marlin had been making .22 semis and bolts under Remington, but now they're at the home of the Ruger 10/22 with no need for a direct in-house competitor.)

Mid-range, something pistol caliber that could tap into the Cowboy Action market ought to be something they'd be looking at.

And .30-30 Winchester is almost synonymous with the lever gun, although its name suggests that the guns for it are mostly from a competitor so you might see Ruger-Marlin sidestep it and look at alternatives like .350 Legend or something stranger but more sensible from some logic.

Same, hopefully it wont be in the $2K price range.

I don't think it will be that much. The 1895 SBLs are going for $1800, the GBLs for $1500.

The 336 was always more affordable than the 1895 line. I'm guessing somewhere in the $1100-$1300 range.

I remember seeing the Remington made Marlin 336s going on sale at Cabela's for $699.99 shortly before the bankruptcy.

Back
Top Bottom