New PAL Wait Times

Manler

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

I had a question regarding PAL wait times and experiences. I just mailed in the paperwork for the PAL (not RPAL). I am a bow hunter, but after some grizzly encounters I decided to arm up to protect myself, and maybe do some rifle hunting. I had to click yes for box 16d, and I attached the explainer paper. I had a brief period 4+ years ago where I was in a huge life change and got depressed. The depression led to some thoughts of self-harm, but I went to the doctor and talked to a counsellor immediatley. I was never on a care order and never hospitalized for it, and was never forced to take drugs. Just a small blip in my life and has never been an issue since. I also have no criminal record or peace bonds.

I am wondering what kind of wait times I can expect, when I should be calling/checking the status, any way I can expedite the process. I admit to being nervous on it given my answer to 16d, so any thoughts would be appreciated. Wait times seem to vary wildly.

Also, what is KAM? People keep mentioning it.

Thanks in advance for responses and any help!

-Manler

P.S. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

P.S.S. I also posted in the PAL wait time thread, but figured I would make a dedicated one.

Around 1 year.

Want to expedite the process you can call your MP or MPP or Ombudsman, proves quite effective.

Kam is the AFO in Orillia.

Wouldn't worry about getting denied with a Dr's note.

Our firearms program is quite generous compared to ones elsewhere.

I sent in the paperwork for mine and my sons in the same envelope and it was received on August 30 of this year, PAL/RPAL for both of us. Mine arrived late November, and his still hasn't shown up, it says 'In Process'. No references or my wife were called.

Back
Top Bottom