AVSSC looking for opinions/reviews

DukeNewcombe

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been going back and forth for awhile now thinking about joining a club, I was stuck between Bull meadow and AVSSC. I've got 2 small kids and AVSSC offers a family membership, my 4 yr old has expressed a lot of interest in bows and they have an archery course there as well so bonus and it's maybe 15 minutes away from my place. I'm just curious if anyone on here can give me a little more insight into the atmosphere there? For new members/beginners, kids/families. I've searched the forums for all I could read, their website and fb. Thanks

It's a great place. More then bull meadow will offer for youths. They even have archery night. There a youth shooting program.

I've been a member for over a decade. As well as North mountian, just outside of Kingston.

Excellent club. I have visited a few times and met some good people there. If your 15 minutes away from them that is the one I would join. I live about 15 minutes away from Bull meadows and not a member. I shoot a lot of black powder and they don’t offer anything in that area is the biggest draw back. I also find they are not as friendly as other clubs.

Feel free to contact them on their website, John, Karl and others would be more than welcome to tell you about it.

Its the best facility in the valley, It's a well rounded club for all ages, and most style of shooting. I started to shoot small bore F class there, and they were welcoming and great group of people.

Bull Meadow is more for F class, precision, service rifle, ppc and other firearm competition, not much of a family club.

My interest in precision rifle and F class was what had me leaning towards Bull meadow. I wasn't aware they did small bore F class at AVSSC, I would be interested in that. I've never really done skeet shooting and I don't have my RPAL for handguns. I think I'm going to look into the AVSSC for now, seems like a no brainer.

My interest in precision rifle and F class was what had me leaning towards Bull meadow. I wasn't aware they did small bore F class at AVSSC, I would be interested in that. I've never really done skeet shooting and I don't have my RPAL for handguns. I think I'm going to look into the AVSSC for now, seems like a no brainer.

We only do small bore, as we are limited to only 100m. But we have a shoot on the 21st of Jan at 11am. If you are interested, drop on by and check it out and find out more. Its a pretty good group of people, very friendly, not cut throat. So for F class, there is a group shoot every month, then you can pay 5$ and get targets for a monthly postal type shoot. We shoot 50 and 100 Yards. But believe they are changing to adding 20Y targets. You don't really need top of the line gun to participate and we don't look down. We have some that shoot Savage, Rugers. Its all about having fun.

Hope to see ya,

Excellent club. I have visited a few times and met some good people there. If your 15 minutes away from them that is the one I would join. I live about 15 minutes away from Bull meadows and not a member. I shoot a lot of black powder and they don’t offer anything in that area is the biggest draw back. I also find they are not as friendly as other clubs.

Not sure why you would describe the NSRA as not being friendly. Sorry for your experience. I introduce multiple folks every year to what we do. You are however correct BP is not something that we do and that competition is a large part of our focus. We are the only 800m range in the Province. But at any rate I will be a running an Into to Precision rifle clinic end Apr for anyone that wants to see what it is about.

Not sure why you would describe the NSRA as not being friendly. Sorry for your experience. I introduce multiple folks every year to what we do. You are however correct BP is not something that we do and that competition is a large part of our focus. We are the only 800m range in the Province. But at any rate I will be a running an Into to Precision rifle clinic end Apr for anyone that wants to see what it is about.

He might mean friendly as in usage, not people being un friendly. Bob and the rest of the crew that host the PPC Provincals were always great to deal with. But as I understand its gotta be booked in advance, unless there is a schedualed day for a practice etc. It's not like I can go in tomorrow and use the 800m range.

Back
Top Bottom