Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Unprecedented Numbers of Handguns Clearing

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar

Unprecedented Numbers of Handguns Clearing

Over the last several days, including Saturday/Sunday, we have seen hundreds of restricted firearms clear. The BC CFO , it seems, has been particularly busy. While this is great news as many are months old now, this has created a bit of a 'log jam' in shipping. We had over 300 new ones to pick and ship Monday morning alone. We will get them all out ASAP- we have extra help with the shipping but please be a bit patient with us as we try to get through these orders.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Oh well, today I received approval on my final handgun outstanding transfer... End of an era, hopefully temporary...

Congrats to the lucky ones. Any chance you saw some approvals from the Quebec CFO ?

Quote Originally Posted by CanadArms 1867 View Post
    Congrats to the lucky ones. Any chance you saw some approvals from the Quebec CFO ?
    Yes, getting lots from most provinces but over half are from BC.
    www.prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
    Yes, getting lots from most provinces but over half are from BC.
    Well here's hoping. I ordered from Prophet River end of August but am considering those a pipe dream until summer 2023 - my early June purchases (from another dealer) are still AWOL from the Quebec CFO..

Well, they need to get all the transfers complete before they start the collection….I mean buyback….I mean theft
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I can't help but think that despite the instore nightmare it must be to pick and package 300 handguns...... it's kind of glorious at the same time now isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    I can't help but think that despite the instore nightmare it must be to pick and package 300 handguns...... it's kind of glorious at the same time now isn't it?
    We are set up to do over 100 parcels a day normally. Of course, we have those to do on top of the handguns but we have extra help and we are getting them done ASAP!!
    www.prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

You guys are awesome. I’ve already gotten my may/June stuff (including some from you) but your open communication about status both back then, and still now, is very much appreciated.
    With that said, maybe it’s just my tinfoil hat is a little tight, but I’m curious what change that all of a sudden the CFO(s) is in a hurry to process these. I can think of one or more good reasons:
    New year, new budget, extra staff.
    They’ve given up on dicking around, realized that C 21 is likely to fail, and they’re actually going back to processing things properly because sooner or later we will return to the previous status quo.
    Of course, I can think of one or two negative reasons, including basically the inverse of the above.
    I sure hope this is only and all good news.
    Sorry for side tracking your thread. Feel free to delete this if it’s unwelcome, no hard feelings here.

CGN frequent flyer
    Can hope this also means there has been a change in staff at the BC cfo office
    for someone closer to reality maybe
    Never say 'whoa' in the middle of a mud hole.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast