Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Butler Creek Steel Lips .22lr 10/25rds Magazine

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    Lol maybe include your real name and address to save the RCMP reading this some time.
    The RCMP refuses to charge anyone over this. When the interpretation that these were banned came out there was an internal notice sent to each division specifically saying don't charge them unless you're laying other charges too.

I figure that way it won't go infront of a judge which could potentially tell the RCMP their interpretation is no good.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

BANNED
    The full capacity mags are not illegal, as the original patent for the Butler Creek magazines from 1978 was specifically designed for the 10/22 rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjet View Post
    The full capacity mags are not illegal, as the original patent for the Butler Creek magazines from 1978 was specifically designed for the 10/22 rifle.
    Correct. I would encourage anyone buying one of these to simply drill out the rivet and not participate in the nonsense.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    The RCMP refuses to charge anyone over this. When the interpretation that these were banned came out there was an internal notice sent to each division specifically saying don't charge them unless you're laying other charges too.

I figure that way it won't go infront of a judge which could potentially tell the RCMP their interpretation is no good.
    I know, I'm pretty sure I remembered seeing "not recommended as a standalone charge" on one of the RCMP bulletins about this situation? More likely to be used as leverage to get a guilty plea for other charges by offering to drop this one. Just thought it was funny to specifically post about drilling out rivets.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    I know, I'm pretty sure I remembered seeing "not recommended as a standalone charge" on one of the RCMP bulletins about this situation? More likely to be used as leverage to get a guilty plea for other charges by offering to drop this one. Just thought it was funny to specifically post about drilling out rivets.

This crap was an opinion of some RCMP gun-hater, only an opinion not law. We used to call this bull-sh1t baffles brains when I was a police constable.

RCMP do not make up laws, some of the arrogant officers in charge think they do, but they do not. There is no criminal code offense for the use of a Butler Creek 25 round 10/22 magazine. It amazes me how afraid and naïve Canadians can be to this regard.

There are some great RCMP members on the force, make no mistake, there are some real gestapo type b@g-lickers as well. Ones that will kiss the liberal cloke like it was the Pope himself.

From my experience, the majority of detachments across Canada are run by either an Officer in Charge (OIC), a Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge (NCO IC) or a senior Constable in charge. With most departments, sh1t runs down hill. So, if you have a gun unfriendly member in charge, they seem to enforce gun laws to the enth degree. If you have a hunter, sport shooter or gun-person in charge it's more relaxed.

In other words, if you have a gun-hater in charge they will go after this ridiculous opinion that Ruger 10/22 high capacity magazines are illegal, even though they are not.

I have seen this theory of mine over and over in the last forty years on and off working with the RCMP. Provincial or municipal police agencies appear to be more even minded. But not always either.

Use your Ruger 10/22 magazines, keep a low profile and things should go well.

Being an idiot at the range and drawing attention to yourself in the field will certainly bring bad karma.

This nonsense about the Butler Creek magazines being illegal is just that, nonsense.

When the RCMP trust a rivet over honest Canadian Citizens, I would say we have a much larger problem.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post

Correct!.......

Bull-sh1t baffles brains, nothing more.

There is no law period.

Only BS.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

I always felt it was a waste to have the mags pinned to 10 rounds

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Those lips.Dam..shud.of.never.let her go.

im thinking I missed something. I thought these were prohibited mags now?? Tell me I'm wrong?!?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by art788 View Post
    im thinking I missed something. I thought these were prohibited mags now?? Tell me I'm wrong?!?
    That is why these ones are pinned to 10. RCMP says they're pistol mags.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast