Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: An Interesting Email Indeed....

Quote Originally Posted by Focus909 View Post
    I personally think you are reading too much into it. Research Assistant or students probably not to knowledgeable on thre subject figure that legal gun owners may have the answers to their questions about illegal guns.

When you think about it, the legal gun community know a hell of a lot more than government/media/etc... on how to deal with the illegal guns
    This I understand. However, these 'bastions of higher learning' are nowadays just another branch of the Liberal Media Machine. Plain and simple, any info they receive will either be used to push their ban-all-guns agenda or, if it doesn't fit their narrative, it will be smothered like a babe in it's crib.

The best information you can give someone like this is no information at all.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Let's help ourselves out brothers, write short and polite but indignant emails to that ombudsman !
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Where do I sign up??!! These people are f*cking wild...
    Git er dun!!

Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    We received this today from a research assistant at one of our local universities. At first I thought it was a joke or some sort of mistake but then I read it closely and yes, it was indeed meant for us. I called someone from another lgs and they confirmed that the people that are conducting this 'study' actually came to their store in person to ask. Unbelievable.

This is Liberalism in it's purest form - the automatic pre-supposition that simply because we are in the firearms industry we associate with criminals. Here is the text of the email, you guys tell me what you think :

Hello,
    My name is (assistant's name here) and I am a research assistant at Simon Fraser University. I am contacting you because we are conducting a study that may be relevant to customers/clients of your business and would like to inquire if you would be willing to help us recruit potential participants.
    Through our study, we are hoping to gain a better understanding of how illegal firearms are being acquired and traded in British Columbia. We are also hoping to determine why individuals are acquiring and trading them, their preferred methods of illegal acquisition, and information about how they are being traded. We have contacted you because many of your members may have experience with legal firearms, and perhaps knowledge about illegal firearms.
    To participate, a member would only need to complete an online survey that takes about an hour, and they will be compensated with a $20 gift card to a popular retailer of their choice from a list of options.
    Would you be willing to (a) post a flyer with information about the study and a link to survey at your establishment, (b) send an email with information about the study and a link to the survey to your members, or (c) share social media posts about the study with your members?
    To be eligible to participate, members must meet these criteria:
    1. 19 years of age or older,
    2. Currently reside in British Columbia,
    3. Have knowledge about guns, including how they are bought, sold, or traded, legally and/or illegally, in British Columbia, OR have been charged with or convicted of a weapons-related criminal offence.
    It is important to note that participation in this study is completely voluntary, and participants’ responses will be kept confidential.
    If you would like to help us in any of the above ways, we will send along the materials that we would like you to share with your members shortly, as well as an email template that you can use to distribute the materials.
    Thank you very much for your time.
    Best wishes,
    (assistant's name here)
    Research Assistant, Douglas Research Lab

It is obvious to me that there is a built in bias to this 'study', not surprising with the way universities these days like to indoctrinate our youth. I have filed a complaint with the Simon Fraser University ombudsman. If this research assistant's quirey is offensive to you as well then I suggest writing the SFU Ombudsman a letter as well and let's put a kink in this nonsense :

ombuds@sfu.ca

And the battle rages on....
    Dear researchers.
    We won't be able to help you finding out any sources of illegal firearms, as this is a licensed business and we only cater to legal, licensed gun owners.

You should however try inquiring about this at the corner of Jane & Finch in Toronto (or find the equivalent in the nearest bigger city to your current location).

You will very likely find out, that for the right price you can get just about anything from the other side of the border by utilizing the services of one of the local operatives, whom are experienced in bringing these illegal items across with impunity.

Yours truly
    Dlask Arms
    "Gun control" is a feel good term, which is designed to disquise the globalist disarmament efforts under the pretense of fighting crime.

Refer the research assistant to the following organizations: Red Scorpions, United Nations, Shui Fong, IS Gang. I am sure they will be more than accommodating and have first hand knowledge regarding the topic.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wallenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfixer View Post
    Refer the research assistant to the following organizations: Red Scorpions, United Nations, Shui Fong, IS Gang. I am sure they will be more than accommodating and have first hand knowledge regarding the topic.
    They too are likely motivated by $ 20 gift cards.

Hand them the study booklet on obtaining a firearm license and tell them to pound salt - as some posters indicated it's a fishing excursion

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Shooter View Post
    Dear researchers.
    We won't be able to help you finding out any sources of illegal firearms, as this is a licensed business and we only cater to legal, licensed gun owners.

You should however try inquiring about this at the corner of Jane & Finch in Toronto (or find the equivalent in the nearest bigger city to your current location).
    The 100-block of East Hastings Street for B.C.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Yeah, she called me on Tuesday afternoon. I gave her a polite rant about how I found it offensive that she would assume legal gun owners have knowledge of illegal gun trafficking. She actually seemed confused.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast