Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Beretta a300 ultima patrol

Quote Originally Posted by Tvw View Post
    Locally last week our LGS had a couple at $1650, while the owner was placing a Stoeger order he asked if a guy wanted to see what they were worth now. Looking online I see the 1301 at $2000 currently.
    Yeah these prices are getting kinda crazy, to the point where most people will just be priced out. Not that companies care, as long as product is selling out. It's like how new trucks are unaffordable for most at this point, but there are still none available lol.
    I bought a private sale 1301 with upgrades (sga stock + adapter for it, SJ mag extension, vortex crossfire) for $1600 less than three months ago. As soon as I heard about this A300 coming out, I thought "well that was a stupid purchase, could have got pretty much the same thing for way cheaper with the A300". Yeah, nope. Definitely don't regret the purchase now lol
    This is my forum snigatoar.
    CCFR, CHAS Member

Quote Originally Posted by P11 View Post
    Would you happen to know what the finish is on the 1301 tac barrel? I bought one used and the kid I bought it off of had a part of the barrel marred up from a barrel clamp with no gasket. I was thinking about getting the barrel cerakoted. But I generally find cerakote to be weak vs factory finish.
    As far as I know they're all(Black, FDE, Green) Cerakote already, except for the marine model.

Did he have the Nordic clamp on it? You can get a silicon gasket that goes between it to help prevent that. might have to trim it a bit though.
    Tiocfaidh Ár Lá - Éirinn Go Brách

Quote Originally Posted by Studer View Post
    Yeah these prices are getting kinda crazy, to the point where most people will just be priced out. Not that companies care, as long as product is selling out. It's like how new trucks are unaffordable for most at this point, but there are still none available lol.
    I bought a private sale 1301 with upgrades (sga stock + adapter for it, SJ mag extension, vortex crossfire) for $1600 less than three months ago. As soon as I heard about this A300 coming out, I thought "well that was a stupid purchase, could have got pretty much the same thing for way cheaper with the A300". Yeah, nope. Definitely don't regret the purchase now lol
    Dealers/ importers are sometimes their own worst enemy in this country. I paid $1275.74($1199), including tax and shipping, for my 1301 in June 2020. Even with inflation, ~$2000 has a wide premium baked in there now.

Reminds me of when North Sylvia convinced M+M to break their import contracts because $750 was too cheap for a junk AK, and they were sure Canadians could be hosed for double that amount.

Then they wonder why the hobby doesn’t grow in this country
    Tiocfaidh Ár Lá - Éirinn Go Brách

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Studer View Post
    As much as I'd like to play with the new patrol it is still an a300. Far from the a400 action in the 1301 comp

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypox!a View Post
    Dealers/ importers are sometimes their own worst enemy in this country. I paid $1275.74($1199), including tax and shipping, for my 1301 in June 2020. Even with inflation, ~$2000 has a wide premium baked in there now.

Reminds me of when North Sylvia convinced M+M to break their import contracts because $750 was too cheap for a junk AK, and they were sure Canadians could be hosed for double that amount.

Then they wonder why the hobby doesn’t grow in this country
    You nailed it. But distributors hope the government contracts will save their bottom line.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by brybenn View Post
    I think the price increases will hurt sales a bit. Someone like me with a 1301 and three a400s likely won't justify another. A new shooter may not be able to afford a $2000 plus shotgun. Most new hunters new to the sport will look at those prices and then look at the Turkish competition and at a third of the price it will look compelling. I sae it happening at last year's prices
    With the governments foot on our neck, limited options for new shooters, price increases for firearms and ammo. I would estimate 10-15 years left for this sport/hobby. Hunting will continue on.

You can buy 3 turkenelli's for the price of 1 Benelli M4 now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pirate604's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypox!a View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call the M4 a Mustang, maybe a Corvette?
    LOL I see what you did there.
    If Ye Hath Fought Like a Man, Ye Needen't Hang Like a dog.

+1

Was contemplating the M4/1301, but this seems like a good competitor at a “not break the bank…too much” price point

We’ll see what the Canadian dealers end up doing with our pricing though.

Like mentioned, they like screwing us if they can (because we have little choice)
    ... to ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow.... -- Jeff Snyder

GunNutz
    Disassembly at 13:30 mark. The mag extension is not an extension but a long mag cap. The mag tube is full capacity from factory. Unlikely to make it to Canada in that configuration and would require a production change.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pirate604's Avatar
    Pinning it does not look like it would be much of an issue. I'm sure we will see these up here in due time.
    If Ye Hath Fought Like a Man, Ye Needen't Hang Like a dog.