Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Varget Back in stock in 1 lb and 8 lb

Quote Originally Posted by Redmaple View Post
    Those are terrible prices. Greedflation...
    I was wondering why the inventory number was slow in going down
    pandering to paranoia produces pointless prosecutions of people

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Butcherbill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmaple View Post
    Those are terrible prices. Greedflation...
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarycanada View Post
    No offence intended but I don’t know why people want to be hero by standing up for retailers. Those are not the greatest prices. At the same time it’s “free” market. They have varget listed for $100 more per jug than other retailers. If you are ok with paying that price, good for you. I’ll take my business elsewhere.
    Go check BSS’s prices on Varget, the 8 pounder is just shy of $1000 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbill View Post
    Go check BSS’s prices on Varget, the 8 pounder is just shy of $1000 lol.
    Yes, that retailers price on varget and h4350 compared to everyone else is why I will never shop with him again.

Prophet river is good to go and I always look at their site first for what I'm after. Time for another order

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laker415 View Post
    Yes, that retailers price on varget and h4350 compared to everyone else is why I will never shop with him again.
    Agree 100% and feel the same about that retailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    Actually Clay's prices are better than most shops.

Unfortunately powder, primers, bullets, brass, ammunition, guns and accessories are going to sky-rocket with our dollar tanking.

Prophet River's customer satisfaction is number one. That alone is worth something to most buyers.

In saying that, if you do not like their prices, feel free to shop elsewhere.

It will be tough to find Varget less than $80.00 per pound.

Agree

Also these guys also keep stuff coming and priced as fair as they can

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Agree 100% and feel the same about that retailer.
    more than likely their supply of varget was purchased at a spike in the prices from distributors. Prices have stared to come down in that area allowing the retailers to drop theirs also. I know the store I work at part time was purchasing their Varget for the same price that some stores are now able to sell them at. If you buy varget at $70/lb you cannot sell it at $67/lb without taking a loss

CGN Regular
    Totally reasonable considering pricing elsewhere. Gladly pay that.

Keep it coming Clay

Quote Originally Posted by Firas View Post
    more than likely their supply of varget was purchased at a spike in the prices from distributors. Prices have stared to come down in that area allowing the retailers to drop theirs also. I know the store I work at part time was purchasing their Varget for the same price that some stores are now able to sell them at. If you buy varget at $70/lb you cannot sell it at $67/lb without taking a loss
    For the record, there is no spike in cost of powders, only the same increase all the dealers have. All dealers pay the same for cost of products.

It's nice to give the retailers the benefit of the doubt, but nope, it's pure greed I'm afraid.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

The Varget is selling. The 8 pounders are almost gone now. Go on their website and have a look for yourself. Why are they selling? Because it is priced fairly! Some other retailers are showing some lower prices but if you look closer you will see that these are old prices still listed on their sites...and they haven't had any Varget in stock and for sale for forever! That's not a fair comparison.

Clay and Prophet River are top notch...A+...the Real Deal.

Powder isn't dropping to the price 3 years ago.
    Covid shutdowns screwed up the supply chains for damn near everything. Every company that lost money during this period raised prices to offset losses. Add to that that large corporations like Vista Outdoors is buying up successful companies, companies to act as suppliers for other companies..Alliant Powders..for Remington Federal Ammuntion.
    Add to that that the backorder situation is filled by order date in the USA and the dealers wholesalers and distributors went crazy with their orders when the shortages started.
    World demand for military ammo is at a high..don't think this doesn't affect supply demand.

Then add on the Federal Buffoon putting shipping restrictions on componants and that increases shipping a bunch.

Bottom line PRs prices are where it is in this economy.
    Money isn't everthing. It's just something needed to purchase anything.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast