Thread: Words cannot express my experience.

Words cannot express my experience.

I will certainly try to though, you guys are incredible! I’ve yet to experience a transaction from a firearms retailer to this date, which was as organized, efficient and positive. My shotgun was better than described, at a great price, with tons of selection. The website is easy to use with no errors. The processing was quick, and the shipping was quick and well tracked. I think it’s safe to say, many, if not most retailers could take a lesson from you guys.

Anyways, I’d butter you guys up all day, but I’ve got a lovely new double barrel to drool over and I’m sure you guys are still hard at work, thanks for an absolutely outstanding experience, you can count on my recommendation, and I will absolutely be back again!

It is good to have an awesome experience here I know the feeling.

…having said that, do not let your guard down.

Mike
    “Hey you bastards, I’m still here!”

Anyone who thinks bacon isn’t good for you is an idiot.

Also, anyone who thinks butter isn’t good for you is also an idiot

Agreed, I was so happy with my Husqvarna 1640 from Intersurplus. They have the best photos and descriptions of used guns out there. I don't understand why other sites are more clear about what is broken, etc... if you are up front with the condition the buyer won't complain when they get what they purchased.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skeetandskrrt View Post
    Agreed, I was so happy with my Husqvarna 1640 from Intersurplus. They have the best photos and descriptions of used guns out there. I don't understand why other sites are more clear about what is broken, etc... if you are up front with the condition the buyer won't complain when they get what they purchased.
    I bought a rifle from them last fall, the scope that it came with had an easy to see, obvious dent(once I had it in hand, not visible in pictures) where it had been impacted at the objective end. Moving the magnification ring I could feel lash and it was very gritty and rough feeling, at max power the view was blurry and when I looked into the scope with a flashlight it was easy to see the internal contamination and beginning signs of bacterial or fungal growth.

Intersuprlus (Denis) was quick to reply and offered me the opportunity to return the gun minus the shipping so maybe a $100 loss for me. He also offered to give me $20 or so off my next purchase and explained that they don't bother looking at scopes to see if they have dents, or other issues and consider the scopes a "freebie".

I suggested that he should update his website to include the fact that scopes are not checked over and are considered to have zero value, he agreed.
    I looked today and the web information on scopes has not been updated.

I decided to keep the rifle despite the useless scope and will use the scope as a learning experience both for dealing with intersurplus and also as an opportunity to take apart a scope and clean the internal surfaces and hopefully smooth out the power adjustment mechanism.

Just my experience.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skeetandskrrt View Post
    I agree, if a scope has an obvious dent, maybe work the power selector and take a look through it and see if there are any other issues?
    Or just state that optics are not inspected and should be assumed to have zero value as Dennis told me.

It ain't rocket surgery......
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by MosinMan13 View Post
    I will certainly try to though, you guys are incredible! I’ve yet to experience a transaction from a firearms retailer to this date, which was as organized, efficient and positive. My shotgun was better than described, at a great price, with tons of selection. The website is easy to use with no errors. The processing was quick, and the shipping was quick and well tracked. I think it’s safe to say, many, if not most retailers could take a lesson from you guys.

Anyways, I’d butter you guys up all day, but I’ve got a lovely new double barrel to drool over and I’m sure you guys are still hard at work, thanks for an absolutely outstanding experience, you can count on my recommendation, and I will absolutely be back again!
    I've had a similar experience dealing with Denis. Just top notch professionalism. Two retailers had a similar rifle, around the same price. I contacted both for some minor details and clarification. Denis got back to me ASAP with the info and additional pics. The other, a very similar retailer replied with one sentence, no details, didn't actually answer my question. I bought the rifle from Denis and definitely will the next time around too.

Quote Originally Posted by fade2black View Post
    I've had a similar experience dealing with Denis. Just top notch professionalism. Two retailers had a similar rifle, around the same price. I contacted both for some minor details and clarification. Denis got back to me ASAP with the info and additional pics. The other, a very similar retailer replied with one sentence, no details, didn't actually answer my question. I bought the rifle from Denis and definitely will the next time around too.
    Absolutely and I wouldn’t try to suggest in any way that buying a surplus rifle sight unseen is always a gamble, and I’m sure some people come up with less favourable results time to time, but overall the customer service aspect was top notch. Pretty much every other shop I’ve used has either a trash website, comes up regularly for credit info breaches, loses my order, takes several weeks to process, mislabels items. Every aspect of the experience was a positive one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MosinMan13 View Post
    Absolutely and I wouldn’t try to suggest in any way that buying a surplus rifle sight unseen is always a gamble, and I’m sure some people come up with less favourable results time to time, but overall the customer service aspect was top notch. Pretty much every other shop I’ve used has either a trash website, comes up regularly for credit info breaches, loses my order, takes several weeks to process, mislabels items. Every aspect of the experience was a positive one for me.

I was also a little worried about buying a used rifle sight unseen and they offer a 30 day return period so that you can take the gun for inspection to make sure you want to keep it. I took mine to my local gunsmith and he looked at it for 10 seconds and said "this rifle is in perfect condition".

CGN Regular
    Yes, I bought a 2.5 power miroku scope from them. Very pleased! Side note, the Japanese don't #### around, that scope is crystal clear for how old it is.