Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: shipping cost

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I just take the action out of the stock and pick the smallest box I find or even cut down boxes. Today I was able to cut down shipping cost for a rifle from $75 to $33 inc tax because of that. I pack nicely anyways so no big deal. Do retailers not get bigger discounts than small business account holders?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Janeau's Avatar
    Got a CMP Garand in a hard case shipped and it cost $85.00

When I was in this business I had deals with all shippers up to 50%. We passed the savings on to the consumer, so it wasn't as taxing....improved sales a lot.
    Money isn't everthing. It's just something needed to purchase anything.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by saskdude99 View Post
    When I was in this business I had deals with all shippers up to 50%. We passed the savings on to the consumer, so it wasn't as taxing....improved sales a lot.
    That's how it should be. There are 2 ways to look at shipping cost. One is to calculate it per order or you can also see it as part of doing business and do a monthly calculation how much percentage of sales go to shipping cost. Sometimes you lose but overall you win.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bob347 View Post
    Yes CP shipping cost is getting out of hand. The fuel charge is up, signature is up and I believe they now have an extra cost for parcel over 39". Its the price we have to pay for doing business these days. Dealers and private sellers just cant eat the cost no more. Its getting to the point they keep increasing because competition is small
    Was surprised by the fuel charge a couple months ago, it was like $7 or $8 on top of a $20 shipping charge. Like... really?

People have to charge close to $30 CAD to ship a package in the same province, completely ludicrous

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    That's how it should be. There are 2 ways to look at shipping cost. One is to calculate it per order or you can also see it as part of doing business and do a monthly calculation how much percentage of sales go to shipping cost. Sometimes you lose but overall you win.
    If you have two items, one has free shipping. And one has it included in the price, I am willing to bet you are going to sell a lot more of the latter.

In this era of free next day if not overnight shipping from amazon, my expectation as a consumer is that almost everything ships free and quickly. I get that small businesses can't afford to do this, but maybe there's a way to make it "seem" better to the consumer ...

Quote Originally Posted by chanrobi View Post
    If you have two items, one has free shipping. And one has it included in the price, I am willing to bet you are going to sell a lot more of the latter.

In this era of free next day if not overnight shipping from amazon, my expectation as a consumer is that almost everything ships free and quickly. I get that small businesses can't afford to do this, but maybe there's a way to make it "seem" better to the consumer ...
    Just buy all your firearms and ammo off amazon.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    I just take the action out of the stock and pick the smallest box I find or even cut down boxe
    Need to ask the buyer if it's OK to do that, some stock screws need a specific torque value.

Not everyone knows that or have the tools to reasseme properly

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by FatCatsDad View Post
    Need to ask the buyer if it's OK to do that, some stock screws need a specific torque value.

Not everyone knows that or have the tools to reasseme properly
    Yes I get that. I did it twice now and informed the buyer about it unless he pays $25 more for shipping. I only did it because of that and because it was easy with youtube videos.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    It's a bit cheaper if you take it to a post office rather than a shoppers drug mart or other outlet.
    Shoppers takes a percentage of each sale.
    The clerk's than man the counter are Shoppers drug Mart employees not CP employees, complicated business structure,but it is convenient

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast