shipping cost

Oh man, I just tried to buy a PCC and the shipping cost of 64 dollars is just a huge turn off... These shipping costs are just ridiculous..

I send bank drafts to NY state to pay taxes on property I own down there, which needs a signature.
Used to cost me under $20 pre-pandemic, this year it was $35 (for a letter)!
Might be cheaper for me to drive down and depot the money in a US bank account then just write a standard cheque. :)

If your complaining about 10-20$ extra for shipping then maybe shop local or don’t buy at all .
Calculating shipping costs is easy it will cost you 40-65$ to ship a firearm within Canada
Any package that will not fit they the little envelope window will be 16-22$
There you have it CP shipping costs .

One more point one of these days CP will wise up and put a 10-20$ handling charge on the package because it is a firearm .
Once again these sites are monitored daily by government agencies it just a matter of time for the extra fee shipping options are that’s correct no other agency will ship firearms. We are lucky to have CP

CP is ridiculous. Two scopes within the province of Sask was 31.00 with no insurance.

Best deal going is the flat rate boxes.
The best price usually for smaller item like magazines, was going to be $42 for a small 6x6x3 box 1 pound, flat rate box was $23 with taxes and whatever you can fit in it up to 5jg ashios for the same price

Every time I ship a firearm in the value of $1000.00 it cost's me close to $85.00.

This is with full insurance, tracking number, no drop, expedited parcel and a required signature.

Canada Post is very expensive, no doubt. I can't see a less expensive alternative.

Do I like this? Nope! But what are the options? Courier service is also very expensive.

Thank a slimy Liberal for these prices......:(

Couple things I've noticed with CP (thats canada post, not child p*rn for the RCMP/CSIS guys reading this) is that the prices to ship are much lower if you register as a small business online(its free and you don't need to actually have a business) and do the paperwork (address, size, weight,print out the shipping label) through the inline portal. Was about 35% lower than just going to CP and typing the dimensions in on their open website.

Second, Canada post doesn't know its a firearm, doesn't want to know its a firearm and shouldn't know its a firearm. The instructions are quite clear, DO NOT LABEL IT AS A FIREARM! The last thing they want is their people (in house staff and contractors) knowing what is in the package, esp pew pews. Doesn't take much for a rogue delivery person to text a friend and say 'i just dropped a package with a oew in it on this doorstep' (although shipping a gun should always require signature and age verification, to cover your ass in making sure it gets to the right oerson).

Yeah, its expensive. A government run corporation, what else would you expect?

^^^??? Much lower? 35% cheaper? Maybe 5% cheaper, but thats it.

This exactly, maybe 5% maybe less.

My quotes from above are with the small business account.

And the postal workers can guess your parcel is a firearm just by the size and weight of the parcel if you ship in the original box.

After one handles enough parcels over time it's not rocket science to decipher if the parcel is a firearm or not.

Hahah... yes... I wanted to ship two scope rings within BC: Weight only 70 grams, but 21mm thick in an envelope.
For that one mm, the shipping cost jumped from $1.94 (max. 20mm, "oversize package") to over $22.00 (now a "parcel.")
Rings: $10.00
Shipping:$22.00
End result: Recycling.... thanks, CP!

Any package that will not fit they the little envelope window will be 16-22$ ...

I'm not saying shipping isn't expensive, but here is a eye opener for me.

I started driving for Canada Post last year for a contractor.

I did a run yesterday. It's a fair wage that I get paid , but not exceptional.

On top of the payment my boss pays for the truck payment , insurance, maintenance, and driver , at the end of my run yesterday I put $427.26 in fuel in.

Fuel is killing us in every direction, especially food costs.

I drove truck for a potato farmer last fall. There was 10 drivers daily , driving tri axle trucks.
40,000 lbs of spuds per load. We brought in over 3000 loads. Ya that ain't a typo , over 3000 acres of spuds.

I was putting over 200 liters per day in the fuel tank . And because these trucks don't have pto on them there is no tax break for farming.

So full road excise tax over $2.00. / Litre

So he was looking at over $3000 a day alone in just fuel. We weren't done in a couple days...lol

Anyway I'm not looking to justify anything or stir the pot.
It's just a couple things that opened this farm boys eyes.

Buy prepaid box..all you can stuff in it..start at $18 up.

We all have small items - cheap one that do not worth shipping. I pass them along to a buddy that does gun-shows.

I shipped a rifle 2 weeks ago from BC to a rural address in Manitoba.

Took it apart and packed tight in a small as possible box. All I paid was $33 after taxes.

The problem I often see when purchasing is that people just take the next box available. I keep all the boxes I receive and store them in the crawlspace. I use old newspaper for packing, it works when you know how.

Otherwise the small flat rate box is below $20 tax in. up to 5 kg, yes anything above 2 cm thick is a no go, I don't bother selling small stuff, you never know when you need it again anyways.

This exactly, maybe 5% maybe less.

My quotes from above are with the small business account.

And the postal workers can guess your parcel is a firearm just by the size and weight of the parcel if you ship in the original box.

After one handles enough parcels over time it's not rocket science to decipher if the parcel is a firearm or not.
Plus it doesn’t help if they look at the label on what store it came from, all they need to do is google the name. I just moved to a rural community and the postal lady rings the doorbell, my wife answers and the lady says “looks like someone just got a shiny new rifle” lol. She seemed cool and was giggling about it.

Plus it doesn’t help if they look at the label on what store it came from, all they need to do is google the name. I just moved to a rural community and the postal lady rings the doorbell, my wife answers and the lady says “looks like someone just got a shiny new rifle” lol. She seemed cool and was giggling about it.

Nobody ever asked me or made a comment. Very unprofessional.

Rural = guns. So like said, they kind of know based on weight and size.

Back
Top Bottom