Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: shipping cost

Oh man, I just tried to buy a PCC and the shipping cost of 64 dollars is just a huge turn off... These shipping costs are just ridiculous..

take a look at your gas bill from last year and today

Costco:
    Milk went up from $6.45 to $6.59 (3 liter bags)
    Water bottles went up from $3.49 to $3.69

prices are going up everywhere

I send bank drafts to NY state to pay taxes on property I own down there, which needs a signature.
    Used to cost me under $20 pre-pandemic, this year it was $35 (for a letter)!
    Might be cheaper for me to drive down and depot the money in a US bank account then just write a standard cheque.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer struff55's Avatar
    If your complaining about 10-20$ extra for shipping then maybe shop local or don’t buy at all .
    Calculating shipping costs is easy it will cost you 40-65$ to ship a firearm within Canada
    Any package that will not fit they the little envelope window will be 16-22$
    There you have it CP shipping costs .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer struff55's Avatar
    One more point one of these days CP will wise up and put a 10-20$ handling charge on the package because it is a firearm .
    Once again these sites are monitored daily by government agencies it just a matter of time for the extra fee shipping options are that’s correct no other agency will ship firearms. We are lucky to have CP

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by saskdude99 View Post
    CP is ridiculous. Two scopes within the province of Sask was 31.00 with no insurance.
    Best deal going is the flat rate boxes.
    The best price usually for smaller item like magazines, was going to be $42 for a small 6x6x3 box 1 pound, flat rate box was $23 with taxes and whatever you can fit in it up to 5jg ashios for the same price

Every time I ship a firearm in the value of $1000.00 it cost's me close to $85.00.

This is with full insurance, tracking number, no drop, expedited parcel and a required signature.

Canada Post is very expensive, no doubt. I can't see a less expensive alternative.

Do I like this? Nope! But what are the options? Courier service is also very expensive.

Thank a slimy Liberal for these prices......
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

CGN Regular
    Couple things I've noticed with CP (thats canada post, not child p*rn for the RCMP/CSIS guys reading this) is that the prices to ship are much lower if you register as a small business online(its free and you don't need to actually have a business) and do the paperwork (address, size, weight,print out the shipping label) through the inline portal. Was about 35% lower than just going to CP and typing the dimensions in on their open website.

Second, Canada post doesn't know its a firearm, doesn't want to know its a firearm and shouldn't know its a firearm. The instructions are quite clear, DO NOT LABEL IT AS A FIREARM! The last thing they want is their people (in house staff and contractors) knowing what is in the package, esp pew pews. Doesn't take much for a rogue delivery person to text a friend and say 'i just dropped a package with a oew in it on this doorstep' (although shipping a gun should always require signature and age verification, to cover your ass in making sure it gets to the right oerson).

Yeah, its expensive. A government run corporation, what else would you expect?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ^^^??? Much lower? 35% cheaper? Maybe 5% cheaper, but thats it.
    I dislike having a battle of wits when my opponent comes unarmed....it just seems so unsportsmanlike!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast