Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: shipping cost

Quote Originally Posted by Light Infantry View Post
    ^^^??? Much lower? 35% cheaper? Maybe 5% cheaper, but thats it.
    This exactly, maybe 5% maybe less.

My quotes from above are with the small business account.

And the postal workers can guess your parcel is a firearm just by the size and weight of the parcel if you ship in the original box.

After one handles enough parcels over time it's not rocket science to decipher if the parcel is a firearm or not.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Hahah... yes... I wanted to ship two scope rings within BC: Weight only 70 grams, but 21mm thick in an envelope.
    For that one mm, the shipping cost jumped from $1.94 (max. 20mm, "oversize package") to over $22.00 (now a "parcel.")
    Rings: $10.00
    Shipping:$22.00
    End result: Recycling.... thanks, CP!

Quote Originally Posted by struff55 View Post
    Any package that will not fit they the little envelope window will be 16-22$ ...

Shipping is getting outrageous
    But what choice do we have

CGN Regular
    I'm not saying shipping isn't expensive, but here is a eye opener for me.

I started driving for Canada Post last year for a contractor.

I did a run yesterday. It's a fair wage that I get paid , but not exceptional.

On top of the payment my boss pays for the truck payment , insurance, maintenance, and driver , at the end of my run yesterday I put $427.26 in fuel in.

Fuel is killing us in every direction, especially food costs.

I drove truck for a potato farmer last fall. There was 10 drivers daily , driving tri axle trucks.
    40,000 lbs of spuds per load. We brought in over 3000 loads. Ya that ain't a typo , over 3000 acres of spuds.

I was putting over 200 liters per day in the fuel tank . And because these trucks don't have pto on them there is no tax break for farming.

So full road excise tax over $2.00. / Litre

So he was looking at over $3000 a day alone in just fuel. We weren't done in a couple days...lol

Anyway I'm not looking to justify anything or stir the pot.
    It's just a couple things that opened this farm boys eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by can14 View Post
    Shipping is getting outrageous
    But what choice do we have
    Buy prepaid box..all you can stuff in it..start at $18 up.

We all have small items - cheap one that do not worth shipping. I pass them along to a buddy that does gun-shows.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    Buy prepaid box..all you can stuff in it..start at $18 up.

We all have small items - cheap one that do not worth shipping. I pass them along to a buddy that does gun-shows.
    I shipped a rifle 2 weeks ago from BC to a rural address in Manitoba.

Took it apart and packed tight in a small as possible box. All I paid was $33 after taxes.

The problem I often see when purchasing is that people just take the next box available. I keep all the boxes I receive and store them in the crawlspace. I use old newspaper for packing, it works when you know how.

Otherwise the small flat rate box is below $20 tax in. up to 5 kg, yes anything above 2 cm thick is a no go, I don't bother selling small stuff, you never know when you need it again anyways.

CGN Regular
    In a place where the creeps won’t get me lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    This exactly, maybe 5% maybe less.

My quotes from above are with the small business account.

And the postal workers can guess your parcel is a firearm just by the size and weight of the parcel if you ship in the original box.

After one handles enough parcels over time it's not rocket science to decipher if the parcel is a firearm or not.
    Plus it doesn’t help if they look at the label on what store it came from, all they need to do is google the name. I just moved to a rural community and the postal lady rings the doorbell, my wife answers and the lady says “looks like someone just got a shiny new rifle” lol. She seemed cool and was giggling about it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvacpimp View Post
    Plus it doesn’t help if they look at the label on what store it came from, all they need to do is google the name. I just moved to a rural community and the postal lady rings the doorbell, my wife answers and the lady says “looks like someone just got a shiny new rifle” lol. She seemed cool and was giggling about it.
    Nobody ever asked me or made a comment. Very unprofessional.

Quote Originally Posted by Hvacpimp View Post
    Rural = guns. So like said, they kind of know based on weight and size.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234