Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lakefield A22 Takedown .22lr 18"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannerz View Post
    So does the forend lock into the stock like the magpull backpacker?
    It's pretty close in appearance allready, but I think if they fully duplicated the magpul stock there might be patent issues.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Its not even the accuracy factor, its the return to zero. By having the scope on the receiver half rather than the barrel half I would not be comfortable screwing this together and going grouse hunting without first confirming my zero, whereas with a barrel-mounted scope the scope and barrel alignment isn't going to be impacted by the takedown process.
    With the Ruger system it's easy to get the barrel lock up nice and solid, I have not noticed any issues running scopes on the receiver with bulk CCI/Federal ammo and using the takedown feature.

That said I would not use a system like that at the Olympics.

Just watched Plinkster demo shoot the gun, looks like there is no lock lever to manipulate on the takedown removal of the barrel. A spring loaded ball detent is the only think locking it inplace so as long as the bolt is back you simply twist the foreend and barrel in the correct direction to disengage the barrel threads and then pull the barrel off.

It looks like there is an adjustment collar for adjusting the barrel tension but he does not mention it. He did do a a basic test of how the accuracy might be affected but it looks like his first 2 groups before removing the barrel and re installing it for the third group had more drift then the third due to wind.

The difference after removing the barrel was less then a half inch of change but due to the amount of change in his first 2 groups I would say the test was useless.

As much as it's a neat new product (always nice to have competition), it has nowhere near the same aftermarket support as the 10/22 takedown so if someone wants to go custom, they're still better off going down that route. I also question the robustness of the locking mechanism over time to wear but perhaps the locking collar helps to mitigate that.
    Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

No doubt, parts and aftermarket items is way better with Ruger and I agree the locking lever is pretty easy to use and rock solid.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Does the A22 lock open on the last round? I feel like no, but I'm not certain? IMO thats the biggest drawback of the 10/22, and why I much prefer my Marlin 795s and Winchester Wildcat.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Does the A22 lock open on the last round? I feel like no, but I'm not certain? IMO thats the biggest drawback of the 10/22, and why I much prefer my Marlin 795s and Winchester Wildcat.
    I was thinking that would be the one area they could have improved on, but it doesn't look like they did in the plinkster clip.

I cant speak on the takedown but I just picked up an A22 BNS-SR and it does not have last round bolt hold open.
    Id Rather Be Judged By 12 Than Carried By 6

Quote Originally Posted by Fisselig View Post
    Better return-to-zero reliability because then your sight is in tandem with the barrel and any movement from the takedown mechanism moving, rather than in a fixed position on the receiver.
    Hmm, I mean theoretically that makes sense but my 10/22 takedown has no shift in POI and my optic is mounted to the receiver. The 10/22 takedown has the ability to tighten lock up though.
    Id Rather Be Judged By 12 Than Carried By 6

price point??

when will they be in stock??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast