Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Investing in firearms ......

Ammo ammo and more ammo.
    I prefer ammo over cash on my deals lol. Just need more ammo storage lol
    ***Terms of all sales***
    -"I'll take it" with payment trumps all dialogue
    - Insurance is Buyers responsibly, so please request

view photos ask your wife BEFORE making offers

I did buy a bunch of pistols I never wanted to use. With the hope that is PP gets in he allows us to sell / transfer them again. I keep thinking it will be just like the old boys with the prohib. They can keep them, sell them ect but when they are gone they are gone

Most of my WW2 firearms, like the M1 Garand, SKS, SVT40 which I have thousands of dollars invested in are now on the pending ban list. Great idea, but not until there's a Conservative government that makes significant reversals to bad laws and puts in protections for firearms ownership.
    CPC, CSSA

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. — John Stuart Mill

Every time I come on here and read about buybacks, and people talking about getting money, and or making a profit on a buy back boils my blood so bad. That I get hot flashes, where I have to take my shirt off. What John Rambo wrote is all that anybody should be thinking.

Getting back to the post I invest in what I can afford, if its a house then so be it, if its 22lr boxes great. Do it for fun not to make money. Do it for an interest in the brand or history.
    Last edited by wasagabeachboy; 01-29-2023 at 08:50 PM. Reason: not finished

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcintyre1220 View Post
    After going through the primer and powder shortage in 2007/8 I have ensured I keep a MINIMUM of 25k on each primer size. My powder collection is stored at 2 residents as I exceed storage limits as a residential dwelling. When I purchased the primers I paid $175/5000 for a total investment of $4375. The value of those primers today would be a minimum of $17,500 if I sold them for all at $140/1000. However, given the fact large rifle primers are selling for $400/1000 right now, that's $10,000 alone.

Other notable investments inclue buying 24 sks's @ $150 a piece. 5 svt 40's @ $225 a piece. Many many crates of 7.62 x 39, 54 and 25 at well under 50% their current value. 5000 round flats of 22lr for $250 bucks or so, now worth an easy $500/5000

Investing into guns/ammo can pay off big time but the threat of government confiscation looming over your head all of the time makes one hesitant.
    Sounds more like hoarding tho than investing as you don’t have any plans of selling.

CGN frequent flyer
    I am not criticizing your hoarding tho as that’s what a guy needs to do in order to keep shooting. So many buy and collect and never sell. Investments always have an end life or should. At some point you need to cash it in unless you are legacy planning.

CGN Regular
    I look at firearms as my recreation, food gathering tools and a fantastic hobby. I have bought and sold quite a few over the years. I buy, develop loads for the rifles maybe hunt with them (although I usually hunt with the same few lol) then decide I’d like to try something else. I pretty much never lose money. I don’t usually sell my used guns for more than I pay unless they are things liver the Marlin dark, lol. That said, I basically make 90% of my money back and get to play with guns as a hobby! What hobbies can you get you money back with…. Not many.

I do have a lot of reloading components I have accumulated over the years that is worth a small fortune now. That said, it’s meant for me and my family to use. And, if a fellow nutter needs a hard to find item I don’t mind passing it forward.

Keep fighting the fight to keep out great pass time alive for our children and their grandchildren. If you need to make some extra cash, there are better ways. I personally do find the gouging for primers ridiculous. It would be lovely to see a made in Canada ammo and primer manufacturer! And a way to sell IMR powder to Canadians for a better price, lol.

Good shooting!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234