Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NOW JUST $499! HG-105 Semi-Auto Bullpup 12GA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deets View Post
    Well put. These are frustrating times and it's important to not take our frustration out on Canadian vendors. They are trying their best to deal with all the hoops that are being put in front of them and deserve our support.
    People think it's so bad now .
    They obviously weren't around in the FAC days.
    If you bought a firearm back then from a non local dealer you had to mail them your actual FAC and wait for them to send it back with your purchase .
    If you bought a restricted you had to go to your local police station with a bill of sale .
    They would fill out an application to register and give you a temp permit to bring the restricted to the police station to verify make model & ser # .
    The gun would stay at the police station until you received the registration in the mail weeks later .
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    If you bought a firearm back then from a non local dealer you had to mail them your actual FAC and wait for them to send it back with your purchase .
    If you bought a restricted you had to go to your local police station with a bill of sale .
    They would fill out an application to register and give you a temp permit to bring the restricted to the police station to verify make model & ser # .
    The gun would stay at the police station until you received the registration in the mail weeks later .
    Jesus, someone as old as me... That might have been a bit of an overstatement, it wasn't like there was internet in those days, and aside from maybe ringing up a store in a big town, we were doing all purchasing face to face. That definitely was a better time for the local gun shops, not having to compete with the high-volume, low service warehouse/mail order shops. There's good/bad there. But just wait, i think the next step will be for the SN of the gun that you purchased "has to be reported during Pal verification" or some such tripe. Although at least I won't have a high cost original 1873 go "missing" from the police station with the current rules. So there is that.

In the meantime, go buy a 12 gauge!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadringer View Post
    Jesus, someone as old as me... That might have been a bit of an overstatement, it wasn't like there was internet in those days, and aside from maybe ringing up a store in a big town, we were doing all purchasing face to face. That definitely was a better time for the local gun shops, not having to compete with the high-volume, low service warehouse/mail order shops. There's good/bad there. But just wait, i think the next step will be for the SN of the gun that you purchased "has to be reported during Pal verification" or some such tripe. Although at least I won't have a high cost original 1873 go "missing" from the police station with the current rules. So there is that.

In the meantime, go buy a 12 gauge!
    Your right , no internet but we did have the Gun Runner buy & sell !
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

How long is your sale on for?

Uber Super GunNutz davide montini's Avatar
    Good price but with liberals being a bunch of dicks they might come for it !!!! That’s my big beef
    I think it would be a great hunting gun for the quad …but that’s me
    viva la FICA ..E va fan culo!!!!!..Ontario government is like the nazis ..too many family and friends in the government...it's who you know and blow

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davide montini View Post
    Good price but with liberals being a bunch of dicks they might come for it !!!! That’s my big beef
    The liberals have already won if they don't even need to ban to stop people from buying what they want...
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadringer View Post
    They need to verify the PAL through the government portal (same as the in-person stores are supposed to do), so they should need your name/pal/email address on file with the rcmp, and I think your birthdate/town (can't remember, haven't had to verify one for a few months). If its non-restricted they don't need you shooting club, but I bet thats just on there because they only have a single form for both restricted and non-restricted sales. You could try putting in N/A for any fields you don't think are needed, and if they do need it (which is the case for everything you listed aside from the club) they will likely email you. As for pics, some require it and some don't. With the new regs requiring PAL verification, there is no shortage of people sending their info to others for used gun purchases, who could turn around and use that info to ourchase other guns (which is why the rcmp wants the email so they send you a verification every time your license gets put in the system so you can go "wtf?" if someone else is using your ID to buy). Regardless, its a highly regulated firearms dealer, they have to follow the rules that are in place, regardless of the stupidity of said rules.
    Yes that's right! It is in Bill C71 that retailers now need to see front and back photos of PAL and government issued ID for any transactions. Don't want any excuses for government to find ways to shut us down, so 100% by the book for us.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by davide montini View Post
    Get what you can while you can. Show the libs we still have a strong gun culture and will continue with our way of life!
    Last edited by Morgan89; 03-08-2023 at 01:21 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    That system, while time consuming did not require people to hand over all kinds of personal data.

Why they need place of birth is beyond me.
    Once someone has that they can access your file online with the RCMP IWS system

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    Yes that's right! It is in Bill C71 that retailers now need to see front and back photos of PAL and government issued ID for any transactions. Don't want any excuses for government to find ways to shut us down, so 100% by the book for us.
    That's fine but your asking for way more than needed.
    Where is the information stored, how secure is it, how many people have access to it
    Collecting and storing information should have some strict guidelines for those doing the collecting

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast