No1 Mk3 drill rifles $399

BubbaWolverine

Business Rep
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
327287502_3380636378891124_6994680248107151176_n.jpg

*Sorry, NO HAND SELECT AVAILABLE!*

No.1 Mk3 Drill rifles sourced from India. Various makes and years, metal painted over with black paint. Drill Purpose markings. Condition varies, most have arsenal repairs on the stock but are complete. We have taken a couple out and they look quite nice with a good scrub.

Hole drilled through receiver and barrel in barrel shank, steel pin put through and welded on one side. Not able to chamber a round, but still legally a firearm in Canada.

**Sold as is**
We cannot promise there will be no minor wood damage or missing small parts.

Aren't these like 120$ in the US? What's with the massive markup?

And in the 1990s a nice SMLE was only $89.96. That was then. This is now and you are quoting old news for rifles no longer available . Back on the late 1970s Globe Firearms in Ottawa had nice Norwegian 30-06 Mausers at $99.95 in Excellent condition and someone could have bought a German K-98 at Invicta Gallery in the Market in Ottawa for $45.00 plus tax. In 1975 I bought my first SMLE for $50.00 after my crooked neighbor told my parents it didn't work and I knew it did so I just kept my mouth shut. Some history for you :eek:)

Last edited:
So if you had a complete action/barrel you could just swap it in and have a complete rifle? (Assuming your barrel wasn't cut)

That may or may not work. On No 1 rifle both the wood and nose cap was individually fitted to the action from the factory, so it may fit, it may be loose or too tight. Set up well it will add to accuracy, set up it bad and you have yourself a shotgun.

And in the 1990s a nice SMLE was only $89.96. That was then. This is now and you are quoting old news for rifles no longer available . Back on the late 1970s Globe Firearms in Ottawa had nice Norwegian 30-06 Mausers at $99.95 in Excellent condition and someone could have bought a German K-98 at Invicata Gallery in the Market in Ottawa for $45.00 plus tax. In 1975 I bought my first SMLE for $50.00 after my crooked neighbor told my parents it didn't work and I knew it did so I just kept my mouth shut. Some history for you :eek:)

Certainly, I completely agree -- prices have gone up, the market is different, and complete surplus rifles are no longer cheap (and neither is the ammo!) -- but stores in the USA are selling these same de-activated drill rifles from India for 150$ USD (after shipping) today. I understand that the market has always had a premium over the USA, but this is triple the price factoring in conversion. It just seems like a very high price point in a market where there are lots of people looking for parts for desporterization.

I used to go to Globe in the early 70s and buy directly off the rack from old Mr. English...Mint 1934 Oberndorf K94, Mint WWII Long Branch 303, Mint Ljungman AG42b, before they were readily available...passed on the Johnson semi-autos because they were "too expensive" at $200...

Sigh...

And in the 1990s a nice SMLE was only $89.96. That was then. This is now and you are quoting old news for rifles no longer available . Back on the late 1970s Globe Firearms in Ottawa had nice Norwegian 30-06 Mausers at $99.95 in Excellent condition and someone could have bought a German K-98 at Invicata Gallery in the Market in Ottawa for $45.00 plus tax. In 1975 I bought my first SMLE for $50.00 after my crooked neighbor told my parents it didn't work and I knew it did so I just kept my mouth shut. Some history for you :eek:)

Then don’t buy one.
Looks like a deal to me.

Certainly, I completely agree -- prices have gone up, the market is different, and complete surplus rifles are no longer cheap (and neither is the ammo!) -- but stores in the USA are selling these same de-activated drill rifles from India for 150$ USD (after shipping) today. I understand that the market has always had a premium over the USA, but this is triple the price factoring in conversion. It just seems like a very high price point in a market where there are lots of people looking for parts for desporterization.

Still sticking with "no requests" available? I wouldn't be looking for specific dates or manufactures, just hoping to get one with the painted mag/stock and a big DP on the buttstock (since it's my initials :p )

Still sticking with "no requests" available? I wouldn't be looking for specific dates or manufactures, just hoping to get one with the painted mag/stock and a big DP on the buttstock (since it's my initials :p )

Sorry! Can't make any promises on this one or we will have a mile long with requests.

"hoping to get one with the painted mag/stock and a big DP on the buttstock" throw that in the order comments with a "please and thanks" and our shipping department will do their best to make your dreams come true, if there is one near the top of the pile.

When in doubt order three!

Since this year-old thread just received a bump, here's a video of me shooting the Cabin Fever Challenge with this rifle. I'd bought a sporter SMLE and a DP rifle both from Wolverine over a year ago and did a mini-restore to put them together this Winter. It was a fun project to do while it was cold and crappy outside

Back
Top Bottom