Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No1 Mk3 drill rifles $399

Will you also be bringing in some of the Indian surplus .303 that the Americans were getting last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilf Black View Post
    And in the 1990s a nice SMLE was only $89.96. That was then. This is now and you are quoting old news for rifles no longer available . Back on the late 1970s Globe Firearms in Ottawa had nice Norwegian 30-06 Mausers at $99.95 in Excellent condition and someone could have bought a German K-98 at Invicata Gallery in the Market in Ottawa for $45.00 plus tax. In 1975 I bought my first SMLE for $50.00 after my crooked neighbor told my parents it didn't work and I knew it did so I just kept my mouth shut. Some history for you :o)
    Certainly, I completely agree -- prices have gone up, the market is different, and complete surplus rifles are no longer cheap (and neither is the ammo!) -- but stores in the USA are selling these same de-activated drill rifles from India for 150$ USD (after shipping) today. I understand that the market has always had a premium over the USA, but this is triple the price factoring in conversion. It just seems like a very high price point in a market where there are lots of people looking for parts for desporterization.

I used to go to Globe in the early 70s and buy directly off the rack from old Mr. English...Mint 1934 Oberndorf K94, Mint WWII Long Branch 303, Mint Ljungman AG42b, before they were readily available...passed on the Johnson semi-autos because they were "too expensive" at $200...

Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilf Black View Post
    And in the 1990s a nice SMLE was only $89.96. That was then. This is now and you are quoting old news for rifles no longer available . Back on the late 1970s Globe Firearms in Ottawa had nice Norwegian 30-06 Mausers at $99.95 in Excellent condition and someone could have bought a German K-98 at Invicata Gallery in the Market in Ottawa for $45.00 plus tax. In 1975 I bought my first SMLE for $50.00 after my crooked neighbor told my parents it didn't work and I knew it did so I just kept my mouth shut. Some history for you :o)

Then don’t buy one.
    Looks like a deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenzer View Post
    Certainly, I completely agree -- prices have gone up, the market is different, and complete surplus rifles are no longer cheap (and neither is the ammo!) -- but stores in the USA are selling these same de-activated drill rifles from India for 150$ USD (after shipping) today. I understand that the market has always had a premium over the USA, but this is triple the price factoring in conversion. It just seems like a very high price point in a market where there are lots of people looking for parts for desporterization.

Still sticking with "no requests" available? I wouldn't be looking for specific dates or manufactures, just hoping to get one with the painted mag/stock and a big DP on the buttstock (since it's my initials )
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

CGN frequent flyer
    I ordered two just to see what they look like!

Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    Still sticking with "no requests" available? I wouldn't be looking for specific dates or manufactures, just hoping to get one with the painted mag/stock and a big DP on the buttstock (since it's my initials )
    Sorry! Can't make any promises on this one or we will have a mile long with requests.

"hoping to get one with the painted mag/stock and a big DP on the buttstock" throw that in the order comments with a "please and thanks" and our shipping department will do their best to make your dreams come true, if there is one near the top of the pile.

When in doubt order three!
    Adapt or Die CGN. Adapt or die.
    If you have any questions please reach out: Phone: (204) 748-2454 E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaWolverine View Post
    When in doubt order three!
    I'll have to move in with you guys if I order 3! No way I'd be allowed to live at home anymore! lol
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

What he meant was you can find #1 Mk3 drill rifles for around $125 to $150 in the states right now.

Since this year-old thread just received a bump, here's a video of me shooting the Cabin Fever Challenge with this rifle. I'd bought a sporter SMLE and a DP rifle both from Wolverine over a year ago and did a mini-restore to put them together this Winter. It was a fun project to do while it was cold and crappy outside

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast