Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 590A1 Retrograde 12ga Ghost Ring Sights

I have a 590 Retrograde and am awaiting my 590A1 Retrograde (ordered through Wolverine a year ago, sorry Tillsonberg!). Highly recommend these, the basic 590 works great and looks perfect. The heatshield is practical, the wood looks beautiful. If you're on the fence (as mentioned in a previous post) you definitely need to hop off on the side of buying one of these.

CGN Regular
    What does everyone use this size of barrel for?

Quote Originally Posted by Wincor View Post
    Blast’n

Quote Originally Posted by Wincor View Post
    The 20" barrel is a bit of a Goldielocks compromise. Longer barrels are better for velocity and patterning at distance (Fowlers), However, 28"+ barrels can be an impediment when moving through forest (Deer stalking).

The 590A1 is a military specification, I believe U.S. Navy (for the Marine Corp), so I have no idea why they specified a 20" barrel, but if I were asked to guess, it may have something to do with men repelling a boarding party on a ship? Dozens of guys running and trying to get through interior doors and hatches from the armoury to the deck with 28" barrelled shotguns in hand would no doubt be cumbersome? Just a guess?

I've been told they asked for heavy barrels because a bump against a steel bulkhead (and there are many aboard a ship) dents and bends lesser barrels.

I love mine btw, and will be taking it out this weekend to run it through its paces.
    Last edited by Painkillers; 03-13-2023 at 02:19 PM.
    “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.” Sun Tzu, Art of War 475-221 B.C.

Quote Originally Posted by KaneZoR View Post
    Blast’n
    Yup.

It did not disappoint, what a great shotgun.
    “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.” Sun Tzu, Art of War 475-221 B.C.

Got Mine. Awesome SG!

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsonburg Gun Shop View Post
    The picture doesn't show it but you can attach a sling to the bayonet lug. You will need a machine screw sling stud to thread into the hole on the lug. ( you can use the stud from the mag cap)
    Just out of curiosity...when are these supposed to be back in stock?
    "Gun control" is a feel good term, which is designed to disquise the globalist disarmament efforts under the pretense of fighting crime.

Business Member Tillsonburg Gun Shop's Avatar
    We have more on order. Basically they will get here when they get here is about all I can say.

Fair enough thanx
    "Gun control" is a feel good term, which is designed to disquise the globalist disarmament efforts under the pretense of fighting crime.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast