Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shipping cost, the good, the bad and the ugly

CGN frequent flyer
    It is insane.. mind you the buyer paid shipping but still..
    I sold a gun, he didn’t have a Canada post close but Purolator delivered to his house so that’s how he insisted it was shipped..

Their basic shipping service with 1500$ insurance and a signature was $287 plus tax! And that wasn’t even their overnight service or anything just their bare bones….

A gun isn’t heavy, I could only imagine what it costs to ship something like a generator or table saw etc these days. Jeeesh
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance on any EE sale unless explicitly stated otherwise in the ad or agreed upon as part of the deal.

All posts made by me are my opinion, and you must do your own research

'Still cheaper than travelling to pick up whatever it is you bought.
    Bernie Rhodes knows. Don't Argue

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    It is insane.. mind you the buyer paid shipping but still..
    I sold a gun, he didn’t have a Canada post close but Purolator delivered to his house so that’s how he insisted it was shipped..

Their basic shipping service with 1500$ insurance and a signature was $287 plus tax! And that wasn’t even their overnight service or anything just their bare bones….

A gun isn’t heavy, I could only imagine what it costs to ship something like a generator or table saw etc these days. Jeeesh
    I just can't help but wonder where in Canada there is no Canada Post available, but Purolator is? Seems unlikely or in any case very rare, but if that's what the buyer wants, that's what the buyer gets.

I once sold a guitar to a guy in California who insisted on UPS. I did mention that UPS would have brokerage fees, and if I instead used Canada Post ,they would hand off to USPS and there probably wouldn't be brokerage fees. The buyer got what he wanted, and later was a bit shocked at the amount of brokerage fees he had to pay. Oh well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Undergiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K1LLswitch View Post
    I shipped a “smallish” item with Canada Post yesterday (12x12x3, 5lbs) using my small business account and it cost me $50 before insurance. That was $36 of shipping, a $12 fuel surcharge and tax.

I don’t disagree $30 to ship a $40 item sucks, but it’s not the retailers fault shipping is insane right now.
    and if your package is over 40 inches in length you are also charged for oversized item.
    UCP member
    CPC member

Super GunNutz
    a lot of stuff could go in a Canada Post prepaid box of $18.00,,most businesses are to lazy to bother,after all YOU are paying shipping,so what do they care,not to mention Canada Post is the most corrupt outfit out there,LOL.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ruger007's Avatar
    Yet I can buy a motorcycle tire for $50 and get free shipping. It is all based on volume and your contract.
    You meet the nicest people on a Honda!

Quote Originally Posted by Undergiver View Post
    and if your package is over 40 inches in length you are also charged for oversized item.
    Yes 100cm item with Canada Post is like $40 and 101cm is an additional $18.

Chinese subsidize there bulk shipping, they see it as economic warfare on North America.

Shipping costs are now prohibitive in Canada unless it can fit in a $20, $25, or $30 flat rate box and is under 5kg/11lbs and does not require a signature or more than $100 insurance.

I shipped something to the sates in a box with insurance Tracking the hole 9 yards 22$ same package shipped to my same province with just 100$ coverage and tracking like 35$ ridiculous

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by visser View Post
    I just can't help but wonder where in Canada there is no Canada Post available, but Purolator is? Seems unlikely or in any case very rare, but if that's what the buyer wants, that's what the buyer gets.

I once sold a guitar to a guy in California who insisted on UPS. I did mention that UPS would have brokerage fees, and if I instead used Canada Post ,they would hand off to USPS and there probably wouldn't be brokerage fees. The buyer got what he wanted, and later was a bit shocked at the amount of brokerage fees he had to pay. Oh well.

I believe it was simply a case of him having to travel to Canada post across the city to pick it up and Purolator took it right to his door and he was WFH, either way insane price and a good lesson that even though Canada post is expensive the alternatives are unfortunately much worse for price
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance on any EE sale unless explicitly stated otherwise in the ad or agreed upon as part of the deal.

All posts made by me are my opinion, and you must do your own research

Quote Originally Posted by K1LLswitch View Post
    I shipped a “smallish” item with Canada Post yesterday (12x12x3, 5lbs) using my small business account and it cost me $50 before insurance. That was $36 of shipping, a $12 fuel surcharge and tax.

I don’t disagree $30 to ship a $40 item sucks, but it’s not the retailers fault shipping is insane right now.
    This
    CCFR Member - Rifles and Reels shooting club - Sudbury Ontario

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast