Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purchasing gun without physical card

My situation is similar to OP.
    I called the store i was buying the rifle from and they told me they would print me a temporary document with my PAL info from the GRC site. That’s how I found out the expiry date.
    Went to the store, gave them my PAL number, they printed the document and I left with the rifle.
    Got the card about 10 days after.

From what I have seen on some shops websites they want a picture of your PAL if you were to order it online.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Vago View Post
    From what I have seen on some shops websites they want a picture of your PAL if you were to order it online.
    Both auction sites I use require photos or scans of the card to register. One time, once they have it on file, good to go for subesquent auctions.
    Omne ferrum ignitum malleo!

I think I’ll just wait it will be less hassle when it arrives

I bought bullets without my physical PAL. I showed them the picture of it on my phone!

Short answer. Yes.
    The store requires PAL # plus DOB. To fill out transfer documentation.
    The store I bought from shipped to the address I requested. I wasn’t home when Canada post left note day earlier than I expected.
    I picked it up at designated post office on note next day.
    I was asked for ID not PAL. By Canada Post.
    As it happed PAL arrived while rifle was in transit.

One location I bought powder from required PAL as their policy even though not actual requirement.
    Individual Store policy may be more stringent than actual requirements.

You could before, no problem. Now most business' go by this https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firear...rring-firearms. They will ask you to upload a pic of your PAL and a government issued photo ID.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    sounds like some people replying would have a nervous breakdown with worry and anxiety if they found themselves In a position where they had guns at home and no PAL card.
    Cards get lost and destroyed but they are still valid and any reasonable LEO could confirm........but why would a LEO even know you didn't have a card.....why would they show up out of the blue for no reason ?
    Paranoia runs deep with gun owners and paperwork

You can order, I would just be weary of taking it anywhere other than your home. As has been said it’s just like driving your car without your license on you.
    Everything I post is strictly my opinion.
    Don’t watch me while I’m doin stuff.
    You can vote your way into communism, but you’ll have to shoot your way out.

What you could do is purchase online with your numbers, and select pick up at the store (If the store you're purchasing from is local) then the day you get your physical card go over and pick up your firearm without worrying about getting the gun early without your card, or something else happening.

I think this is the safest thing to do and you'll have something to look forward to once your card comes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12