Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CZ 600 Trail Bolt Action Rifle in Canada 1200.00 USD

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel View Post
    I still remember the Sage telescoping stock for the M14 and Mini 14, that would be super cool on the Ruger Ranch rifle. It misses the cool factor which CZ tried to reassemble on the CZ 600 trail.
    Yeah the collapsing stock on the CZ is definitely slick. The cheek rest looks a bit too short though, I saw the video on it from TFBTV and James' face was nearly off the cheek rest in order to see through the optic on the thing. Closest you can get to that on the Ruger as far as I know is an MDT stock but that doesn't collapse down nearly as compact.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Yutrzenika View Post
    Yeah the collapsing stock on the CZ is definitely slick. The cheek rest looks a bit too short though, I saw the video on it from TFBTV and James' face was nearly off the cheek rest in order to see through the optic on the thing. Closest you can get to that on the Ruger as far as I know is an MDT stock but that doesn't collapse down nearly as compact.
    You can buy the MDT folding adapter.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    It it always interesting to see the discussion about accuracy and then somebody mentions the Axis which is more accurate than the CZ and can be had for 1/3 price. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendX View Post
    You can buy the MDT folding adapter.
    Yes you can. But then you are higher in price than the CZ when everything is said and done.

I am extremely happy with my CZ 600 Trail, and will be even happier when I find someone (hopefully next week) to spin up a .300 Blk Barrel for it. As it currently stands, 2 MOA with bulk 5.56mm ammo and .75 MOA with Hornady 53 Gr VMax is more than acceptable accuracy and beats most any gas gun on the market. The Cheek Rest that some are complaining about is just fine. If the Cheek Rest is too "short", then the user mistakenly has the stock adjusted with the LOP too long. Shorten the Buttstock by 1 settiing and suddenly the Cheek Rest is perfect. An optic has to be adjusted such that the FOV is ideal with the Cheek on the Cheek-Rest at whichever Buttstock setting is correct for your stature...

It will be interesting to see how CZ USA dealt with the recall from some people being too stupid to correctly reinstall a Barrel in the Trail Receiver. Word on the street was that CZ USA was going to permanently install their barrels, negating the designed switch-calibre feature that was first offered on the Trail. Non-IRG CZ 600 Trail rifles in Canada come from CZ in the Czech Republic, not CZ USA. I can personally confirm that the Czech-sourced rifles do not have any sort of epoxy or other "glue" locking the 2 Barrel Tension Screws, and the rifle strips as originally intended with full capacity (and flexibility) for Barrel/Calibre swaps. Hence my quest for a .300 Blk Barrel with integral Locking Lugs.

Will the IRG CZ Trail be capable of accepting a second Barrel/calibre? Only IRG or the first "Beta-Tester" of one ot their rifles will be able to tell us for sure. So, IRG - over to you for an answer....

Comparisons between the Switch-Barrel CZ 600 Trail being imported by CZ Europe and domestic offerings such as the Ruger American Ranch Rifle are largely an envy-based waste of time. Yes, the Ruger is cheaper. It is also ugly and long with a conventional non-folding stock and no calibre-change capablity. So THAT is why the Ruger costs much less than the CZ. Some actual thought and design work went into the CZ product. The Ruger American Ranch? Not so much...
    Last edited by Bartok5; 02-19-2023 at 05:03 PM.
    Mark C

Hahaha, well said.

$1810.52 Cdn WTF?

Man talk about price gouging. Everyones gotta get rich what’s wrong with the world

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel View Post
    Yes you can. But then you are higher in price than the CZ when everything is said and done.
    Yes, you would be as that little adapter is mucho grande expensive.

I put my Ruger American Ranch into a MDT chassis, with a buffer tube and stock, and 2 AICS magazines for less than the cost of a CZ 600. I did buy the upgraded chassis during MDTs Black Friday sale so I saved some money that way.

CZ has awesome rifles but this Trail model with it’s wonky stock drove me away.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendX View Post
    Yes, you would be as that little adapter is mucho grande expensive.

I put my Ruger American Ranch into a MDT chassis, with a buffer tube and stock, and 2 AICS magazines for less than the cost of a CZ 600. I did buy the upgraded chassis during MDTs Black Friday sale so I saved some money that way.

CZ has awesome rifles but this Trail model with it’s wonky stock drove me away.
    I'm curious what exactly you found "wonky" about the CZ 600 Trail's collapsing Stock? Did you actually shoulder a Trail and try the various Stock settings? Mine fits and feels great on the 2nd from last setting, with full use of the Cheek-Rest and perfect eye-relief for my Vudu 1-10x LPVO.
    Mark C

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast