Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CZ 600 Trail Bolt Action Rifle in Canada 1200.00 USD

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    cz's wonky stock vs ruger's wonky action
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post

Comparisons between the Switch-Barrel CZ 600 Trail being imported by CZ Europe and domestic offerings such as the Ruger American Ranch Rifle are largely an envy-based waste of time. Yes, the Ruger is cheaper. It is also ugly and long with a conventional non-folding stock and no calibre-change capablity. So THAT is why the Ruger costs much less than the CZ. Some actual thought and design work went into the CZ product. The Ruger American Ranch? Not so much...
    Would you happen to have a picture of the bolt face you could share? I am curious if there is enough material to open it up for a larger rim size of .492
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    $899 now. That did not age well. You are welcome to the one/s who will buy this now. I still pass.

Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel View Post
    It it always interesting to see the discussion about accuracy and then somebody mentions the Axis which is more accurate than the CZ and can be had for 1/3 price. Lol
    Do they also mention the terrible ejection? and chintzy cheap mags? lol

Mine sure do shoot tho.
    Slava Ukraini
    Beholden to neither left nor right, just calling the world as I see it
    "I literally just directly quoted your use of colour revolution techniques..."

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Comparisons between the Switch-Barrel CZ 600 Trail being imported by CZ Europe and domestic offerings such as the Ruger American Ranch Rifle are largely an envy-based waste of time. Yes, the Ruger is cheaper. It is also ugly and long with a conventional non-folding stock and no calibre-change capablity. So THAT is why the Ruger costs much less than the CZ. Some actual thought and design work went into the CZ product. The Ruger American Ranch? Not so much...
    Or the domestic guns do the job we want. Although I see what you mean. Not terribly envious. If anyone wanted those features theres aftermarket support. Not really planning on a ccaliber change, but then again I've bought two Americans for about the price of the Trail. The length aint a prob.

so if its reliable and accurate and compact enough for what it will be doing, cool!

If everyone likes their CZs, also cool. They look great.
    Slava Ukraini

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    I would not know what to do with a rifle in 300 Blackout. Easier to reload but we have so much surplus and cheap ammo for 7.62x39 available, so why? We also do not have AR15 anymore, so why again? That's why the Americans like it but for us here, nope.

I chose it cause I like handloading it and I already have tons of 223 brass. 20 grains of H110 gets a 110gr monometal going 2400 fps from a 16" barrel. Plethora of .308 cal bullets to choose from.

7.62x39 is a much more straightforward choice for cheap shooting but I'm weird lol
    Slava Ukraini

Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel View Post
    I would not know what to do with a rifle in 300 Blackout. Easier to reload but we have so much surplus and cheap ammo for 7.62x39 available, so why? We also do not have AR15 anymore, so why again? That's why the Americans like it but for us here, nope.
    Maybe nope for you, but not necessarily for the rest of us. Bulk 7.62x39mm isn't all that inexpensive anymore in case you hadn't noticed, particularly if you (like me) prefer to run non-corrosive ammo through your precious firearms. The price of .300 Blackout ammo is not terribly far removed from other factory offerings at approximately $1.50 per round. I also prefer not to deal with the funky/wonky 7.62x39mm "STANAG-style" magazines which are known to have feeding issues. I'd much rather run true STANAG mags which function 100% with (you guessed it), .300 Blackout. Furthermore, the American cartridge is fully stabilized and is optimized for full powder burn when fired from a 9" Barrel. I'm not sure about the requirements of 7.62 Russian, however I suspect that equally compact Barrels are not on the menu. Nor is the accuracy potential of both cartridges comparable, with .300 Blackout easily besting any 7.62x39mm ammo that I am familar with in terms of measured group sizes. My Bushmaster ACR and Troy PAR both sport .300 Blk Barrels, so the cartridge is far from the exclusive domain of the AR15 as you mistakenly believe. Reliability is top-notch and I get very good results from both rifles in the accuracy department. With the forthcoming addition of my CZ 600 Trail, I will soon have 3 non-AR15 rifles chambered in .300 Blk. I find it to be a very fun and versatile cartridge, even without the added ability to go suppressed, so that is all the reasoning I need to stick with the .300 Blackout!

I am sure that I could come up with additional reasons to prefer the .300 Blackout over the 7.6x39mm Russian round if I sat here and put a great deal of thought into it. That said, even my superficial reasoning above offers plenty of reason to select the .300 over the 7.62mm round. At the end of the day, the .300 Blackout possesses desireable characteristics and capabilities that the 7.62x39mm Russian round does not share. Simple, at least from my admittedly biased perspective.

Perhaps it is possible that some of us are just a ways ahead of you on the experiential curve when it comes to the newer cartridge. So maybe you will come around in time. Or not. Either way, I'm good...
    Last edited by Bartok5; 03-26-2023 at 03:10 AM.
    Mark C

If it were purely blasting ammo I'd be content to just buy lots of $9.99 a box Cabelas steel case non corrosive Norinco 7.62x39.

The handloading options and versatility seal the deal on the Blk for me
    Slava Ukraini

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I chose it cause I like handloading it and I already have tons of 223 brass. 20 grains of H110 gets a 110gr monometal going 2400 fps from a 16" barrel. Plethora of .308 cal bullets to choose from.

7.62x39 is a much more straightforward choice for cheap shooting but I'm weird lol
    I get it, I want a 6.5 Grendel for some reason
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast