Thread: CZ Shadow 1 and Shadow 2 Plus 1mm Firing Pins at Dlask Arms Corp.

CZ Shadow 1 and Shadow 2 Plus 1mm Firing Pins at Dlask Arms Corp.

Just in from Europe, CZ Shadow pistol +1mm extended firing pins. Find them here on the website :

https://dlaskarms.com/product/cz-sha...in-1mm-longer/
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    I was looking at picking up 2 of these, and got to the point where shipping was quoted... $20 for "weight based shipping", for 2 firing pins that could probably be sent letter mail. You're killing me Dlask website, lol. Anything you might be able to do about that to help a guy out?

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    I was looking at picking up 2 of these, and got to the point where shipping was quoted... $20 for "weight based shipping", for 2 firing pins that could probably be sent letter mail. You're killing me Dlask website, lol. Anything you might be able to do about that to help a guy out?
    Makes a guy wonder what shipping these items direct from Europe would cost you, if you could find a place that would do that.
    "The stuff comes and goes. Just buy it cheap and stack it deep." - CGN member gushulak on ammo
    "If you're limp wristing you aren't hitting anything anyway so it makes no difference if the gun fails." - CGN member Kidd X on Glocks

Scotty454 I sent you an email so you know where we are on shipping.

For others that will look at this thread be advised that we have been burned far too many times in the past by doing folks a favour and 'Just put it in an envelope'. Then the envelope 'doesn't show up' and we are expected to replace it at our cost for the replacement parts as well as the second shipping charge. We could not afford to keep that nonsense up so unfortunately this is a case of a few bad apples wrecking it for everyone else.

We are a two and a half man company just trying to survive in the crap economy that is firearms in Canada today, not bloody Amazon. The old adage of 'You have to pay to play' has never been more appropriate than it is today.

Nothing gets cheaper or easier. Nothing.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Scotty454 I sent you an email so you know where we are on shipping.

For others that will look at this thread be advised that we have been burned far too many times in the past by doing folks a favour and 'Just put it in an envelope'. Then the envelope 'doesn't show up' and we are expected to replace it at our cost for the replacement parts as well as the second shipping charge. We could not afford to keep that nonsense up so unfortunately this is a case of a few bad apples wrecking it for everyone else.

We are a two and a half man company just trying to survive in the crap economy that is firearms in Canada today, not bloody Amazon. The old adage of 'You have to pay to play' has never been more appropriate than it is today.

Nothing gets cheaper or easier. Nothing.
    Fair enough, thanks for the reply/explanation.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

This is pretty standard stuff with shipping these days, gents.
    And if a retailer makes a few bucks on shipping then I’m fine with that.
    It’s a tough ol’ world for those in this industry…

Also, super glad that I can still buy parts for my Shadow2!
    Last edited by bcbravo2zero; 02-21-2023 at 05:47 PM.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

I doubt they make a nickel on shipping. $20 would probably be a base rate for a tracked bubble envelope at todays pricing. I’m probably less than 100km away from them and I bet it’s the same.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    A small flat rate box which includes tracking and delivery confirmation is $19 plus tax when you purchase 12.... There is no discount with a Business account on flat rate boxes.

They are not making money on shipping. People need to suck it up - that's the rates now via CP if you want tracking and delivery confirmation. I can't see any Business shipping otherwise these days with parcels being left on front steps and more than a few people being dishonest.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rommelrommel's Avatar
    The only way to get the minimum price down a bit is the regional xpresspost mailers, the national ones are too expensive to even consider now. CP prices are nuts with the fuel surcharges.

Canada Post has gone off the rails with business customer price increases. It's much easier for them to raise the prices of a company that has no voice to object nor any other viable option for shipping in Kanada. The last time we received an invoice there was a THIRTY TWO AND A HALF PERCENT fuel surcharge ! This is insane and I mean absolutely mental but at the end of the day we either have to pay it or not ship product. If someone out there can find another way to ship for less ,let me know.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com