Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Product: ATRS 1 piece mount

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar

New Product: ATRS 1 piece mount

https://albertatacticalrifle.com/product/one-peice-scope-mount/

We are proud to introduce our One Piece Scope Mount, made of 7075 T6 aluminum with two stainless steel recoil lugs, and a full length steel clamp bar for the cross-slot screws to thread into. This mount has 20 minute of angle built in to it, and is designed to help you push the boundaries of long range.

With more than a 200% increase in clamping surface, these rings will hold the heaviest scopes, on the biggest boomers without any chance of scope movement!

Our new one piece mount comes with Spuhr compatible mounting holes to take advantage of many of the popular accessories on the market such as the Spuhr bubble level, or the new MDT LRA electronic level!

If you want the details on 7075 Aluminum vs. Steel you can read more here: 7075 vs Structural Carbon Steel

Last edited by ATRS Shaun; 02-23-2023 at 02:58 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Been waiting to see if you would do one of these… higher price than I’d expect for a non Quick release setup, but with material and labour headed up I’m not surprised either.

Those are amazing. I wish I could afford one right now. Maybe when I get a scope worthy of it down the road I’ll have to get one.

You all at ATRS have outdone yourself.

B
    I shoot wrong handed.... Sue Me! (Lefties Unite)
    I like to take photos of Firearm Related Stuff, Wildlife and Landscapes.
    Forever dreaming of a Blaser R8 - The ultimate switch-barrel rifle.

https://bandrphotography.ca/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer propliner's Avatar
    That is a work of art and looks as strong as any mounting system I've ever seen. Extra points for sticking with a standard horizontal cap. I like how the steel clamp bar is the piece with the threads instead of threading into aluminum. Bulletproof.

Can you show a picture of the underside?
    Last edited by propliner; 02-22-2023 at 10:19 PM.

haha

Quote Originally Posted by propliner View Post
    That is a work of art and looks as strong as any mounting system I've ever seen. Extra points for sticking with a standard horizontal cap. I like how the steel clamp bar is the piece with the threads instead of threading into aluminum. Bulletproof.

Can you show a picture of the underside?
    ....That is a friggen excellent idea, and I can't beleive I didn't think of it yesterday. I'll try to get one up right away.

Super GunNutz
    Wow, want this!
    Any plans for a zero moa?
    Last edited by 100y; 02-23-2023 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 100y View Post
    Wow, want this!
    Any plans for a zero moa?
    Not at this time, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. A lot of the new scopes coming out are rocking over a hundred moa of elevation, so the standard 20 moa rail +20 seemed like a good plan. Valid point on the 30mm mounts, that some of those scopes may be a little tight, but this just seems to be where the market is going.

Added more photos to the first post.
    Last edited by ATRS Shaun; 02-23-2023 at 02:59 PM.

Super GunNutz
    [QUOTE=ATRS Shaun;19491742]Not at this time, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. A lot of the new scopes coming out are rocking over a hundred moa of elevation, so the standard 20 moa rail +20 seemed like a good plan. Valid point on the 30mm mounts, that some of those scopes may be a little tight, but this just seems to be where the market is going.

I asked for 0moa because most high-end scopes have a ton of elevation. I looked at the pictures and for that Vortex, it seems a pretty tight width span. What is the available space in mm?
    Also, is there an arrow or direction mark?
    A socket head cap screw would probably look way more Tactical or sexier style over those rounded head screws for the base part.
    Last edited by 100y; 02-23-2023 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 100y View Post
    I asked for 0moa because most high-end scopes have a ton of elevation. I looked at the pictures and for those Vortex it seems a pretty tight width span. What is the available space in mm?
    Also, is there an arrow or direction mark?
    I'll get a measurement up, the Vortex Razor Gen3 has some pretty huge turrets. There is text on the flat in the middle, which should make it pretty idiot-proof.

If you have an optic with a ton of elevation, why would you want a 0 moa ? That just leaves wasted potential sitting in your optic.

100 moa of elevation in an optic, means 50 "up", and 50 "down", on a 0 moa base.
    Add 20 moa to the rail, and you can now dial 70 "up" and 30 "down".
    Add another 20 to the mount, and you can now dial 90 minutes "up", and only 10 moa "down".

You never want to completely max it out in any given direction, but you can definitely optimize the usable travel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast