Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SKS, yes or no?

SKS, yes or no?

New to shooting. Bought a .22lr bolt action for plinking and have a 12 gauge shotgun on order for my hunting needs. Looking ahead to my next firearm for shooting at the range. Is an SKS fun or what should I be looking at for gun number 3?

Thanks all!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    that is the trifecta of Canadian safes!

SKS is a great rifle but send some time to get a nice shooter.
    If you are going to take it out and use don't get caught up in the collector grade ones.
    The best time to buy a gun was 40 years ago, the second best time is today.

GET ONE!..lol, sks is good cheap fun, the rifle itself can take a beating. ammo is fairly cheap all things considered. and , I'm a firm believer that everyone should own one of them...don't bother with collector grade, unless you wanna spend a premium and not shoot it... get one, have fun, no regrets!

I am personally staying away from semi-autos right now. You might only have it for a short time before the supreme leader takes it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Zino18 View Post
    I am personally staying away from semi-autos right now. You might only have it for a short time before the supreme leader takes it away.
    Spoken by someone who lives in fear.
    Go buy a SKS and enjoy it. I am going to continue to buy what I want and enjoy things as long as I can.
    Last edited by Snider shooter; 02-23-2023 at 12:03 PM.
    Smokeless powder is just a passing fad. #1 gun rule,carry one.

CGN Regular
    The sks is nice, was cheap ammo, easy to clean. The only bad is the trigger sucks. But as a fun plinker get one! Or two. Dont be a chicken little

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    The only thing to fear with an SKS, is when shooting corrosive ammo. Google shows you the steps in field stripping and cleaning, after each session.

SkYeS

The trigger only sucks when you try to use a fun blaster as a precision rifle. Stop aiming so intently and just skwewweze!
    Check my post history to see my BRNO Mo. 3 Redux, and a 3D printed M1 Chassis for the Lil' Badger.
    https://julius-jahn.imgbb.com/

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Zino18 View Post
    Might as well sell everything now and let your license expire then
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgery View Post
    Just put some cream on it

CGN Regular
    First. The answer to “should I buy another gun” is always yes. Should you buy an sks, of course. Millions in country with few negative experiences. Are they fun? O hell yeah they are fun. Pro tip, buy a lot of surplus ammo and watch a few videos on clean up after using surplus. People will tell you stay away from it but the gun was designed to use it utilizing hard chrome plating on the ga system chamber and barrel. Be sure to buy a good amount of ammo. I burned through my first case in a few months when I got my first sks.
    And as a last suggestion, stolen from an old cgn member. Don’t buy one, buy two !!!! And have fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgery View Post
    Just put some cream on it

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast