Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: HERA H6 Rifle .223 Rem 18" Non-Restricted - COMING SOON!

I keep hearing that the AR ergonomics are the ideal, the most intuitive, the most comfortable, blah, blah, blah...and my own experience with that platform simply says "Nope, uh uh, I don't buy that at all". Maybe it's true that a complete newbie would find that to be true...and maybe it isn't...but I honestly don't care. I know it isn't true for me, and frankly that's all that matters....to me. And I sure as hell don't care about it's virtues as a "fighting weapon", because I ain't fighting with it. My uses are entirely recreational.

The upcoming Hera H6...assuming that it ever actually arrives...is indeed something different and I want to try it out. I won't know if it works for me or not until I use it for awhile, but it's appealing enough for me to want to give it a chance. I already have a bunch of 10-round mags for it, and I know that there have been many times in the field when one of those mags protruded from the bottom of a rifle in such a way that I found it irritating or troublesome. Will this sideways configuration solve that issue? It might. Will it introduce new handling quirks that I won't like? It might.

Theoretical analyses of how this will or will not work are just that: theoretical. Until we have hands-on experience with the thing, we're just wasting our time with speculation. Right now? Let's face it: The majority of guns purchased by the majority of shooters are chosen based upon subjective ideas as simple as "That's cool; I want it!" or "WTF is that? Hard pass!"
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Incendiary View Post
    Sten was a military issue gun coming up to 100 years ago. This is a brand new modern gun for the commercial market. Not convinced this is anything more than novelty. If that’s all it is that’s cool - nothing wrong with that at all. I’m just having a hard time seeing practical benefit.
    Military issue gun that was carried around during the allied offensive into Europe. A lot further than a day trip in the woods. Somehow they managed. The question should be, how did they do it? Lessons have already been learned. No point reinventing the wheel. The point I was making was it must be possible. Not that it was optimal.
    Last edited by Epoxy7; 05-22-2024 at 11:40 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone ranger's Avatar
    A Bolt Action rifle,....wow what a new Concept.....really ???
    A victimless crime is a term used to refer to actions that have been ruled illegal but which are argued not to directly violate or threaten the rights of any other individual.

Quote Originally Posted by lone ranger View Post
    A Bolt Action rifle,....wow what a new Concept.....really ???
    True. Pre Liberal prohibitions, I wouldn’t have even looked at a bolt action like this. But times are tough.

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    I keep hearing that the AR ergonomics are the ideal, the most intuitive, the most comfortable, blah, blah, blah...and my own experience with that platform simply says "Nope, uh uh, I don't buy that at all". Maybe it's true that a complete newbie would find that to be true...and maybe it isn't...but I honestly don't care. I know it isn't true for me, and frankly that's all that matters....to me. And I sure as hell don't care about it's virtues as a "fighting weapon", because I ain't fighting with it. My uses are entirely recreational.

The upcoming Hera H6...assuming that it ever actually arrives...is indeed something different and I want to try it out. I won't know if it works for me or not until I use it for awhile, but it's appealing enough for me to want to give it a chance. I already have a bunch of 10-round mags for it, and I know that there have been many times in the field when one of those mags protruded from the bottom of a rifle in such a way that I found it irritating or troublesome. Will this sideways configuration solve that issue? It might. Will it introduce new handling quirks that I won't like? It might.

Theoretical analyses of how this will or will not work are just that: theoretical. Until we have hands-on experience with the thing, we're just wasting our time with speculation. Right now? Let's face it: The majority of guns purchased by the majority of shooters are chosen based upon subjective ideas as simple as "That's cool; I want it!" or "WTF is that? Hard pass!"
    I would argue that the AR’s biggest supporters are those who have been trained in its use. Whether police/military or competitors ( 3 gun etc). Not newbies.

Yup just speculation while we wait. Not much new out there and most firearms that are cool have been prohibited. Doesn’t leave a lot of choices. Hoping to see a bunch of reviews when the HERA is out! Not a lot of interesting reading these days.

Updates on this rifle?

Yeah, yeah, I know...I keep popping up every couple months asking "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

But that's what happens when a product is announced...and a delivery date is mentioned...and then pushed back...and then pushed back...and so on, and so on, and so on...
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

Still down for an OD rifle. Whenever that is...

Lol, I often buy a new rifle because I want to try it out, something new and different ...only to find the novelty has worn off and I sell it soon after.

The novelty is wearing off this one for me...and I haven't even touched one yet!

I just peeked at the Hera website in an attempt to refresh my interest in this, and I noticed they mentioned that the folding stock requires an optional accessory? I thought that a folder was standard all along?
    Last edited by jjohnwm; 06-08-2024 at 05:34 PM.

We want to get these rifles into Canada as much as you all are.

Unfortunately Hera is running into delay so we're now looking at sometime in late July.

We will provide update once they have landed. Thanks for everyone's patience.

Thanks for updating. I was losing both hope and interest, but I still found myself jumping to check out a new comment in this thread.