Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: HERA H6 Rifle .223 Rem 18" Non-Restricted - COMING SOON!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ericmartin212 View Post
    Beautiful will need a price check, I am hoping around 1,500$
    "The RRP is set at €1,429.00."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/.../hera-arms-h6/

NS used to list MSRP on their threads. Would be REAL NICE if they started that practice again.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Regular
    I honestly don't know if I hate it or not, but I'm just trying to figure out why? What is the benefit of the side-load mag? Anyone?

What is it's length folded?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaponeoh View Post
    I honestly don't know if I hate it or not, but I'm just trying to figure out why? What is the benefit of the side-load mag? Anyone?
    To be different. Some people will buy it for that reason alone.

Side mount magazine also allows shooting prone with longer mags that would otherwise be in the way; This is one reason why the Bren Gun (and a bunch of other light machine guns from ww1/2) is a top-loader.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Regular

Also, having the mag at the side allows you to have the mag and trigger group at the same place along the gun, so it can be effectively a few inches shorter (or a longer barrel and same OAL).

Side loading is common on little known guns like the M60 (or most things chain fed) its a very effective system.

Also cool that they use typical ar mags. Overall looks like they put some pretty extensive thoughts into it.

The stock looks pretty weird, but each to their own. Price wise, theres no reason a bolt should be cheaper than a semi-auto, so if people are willing to pay the cash for a wcr or m10, I bet it will sell ok. Overall not a huge market for it in canada, but the range monkeys in their tacomas will like it (and their boyfriends too).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Damn, I'll be honest. This thing looks slick. For some reason the lines and the side mag just do it for me. Dope looking gun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribstaylor View Post
    Damn, I'll be honest. This thing looks slick. For some reason the lines and the side mag just do it for me. Dope looking gun.
    ^Ditto. I think it looks cool. I heard that one of the dealers noted has indicated a $1599 sell price, guess we'll see.

Weird to see such negative comments about it's appearance, you detractors ought to go look at a Hi Point Carbine then reconsider.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by .22LRGUY View Post
    ^Ditto. I think it looks cool. I heard that one of the dealers noted has indicated a $1599 sell price, guess we'll see.

Weird to see such negative comments about it's appearance, you detractors ought to go look at a Hi Point Carbine then reconsider.
    If I was in the market for a .223 this would get my purchase for sure. It's unique and it stands out from the rest of the tactical looking bolt actions. This is the first "Modern" bolt action I've seen that I think I'd want in my safe. $1599 seems more then reasonable considering this is a completely new design. Damn maybe I do need a .223

CGN Ultra frequent flyer grelmar's Avatar
    Mags sticking out the bottom of a bolt gun kinda blows for hunting. Just gets in the way when you're prone, or sitting Indian style.

.223 is a good cartridge for high volume field shooting (ie: varminting) so having detachable box mags is handy, so a pretty good use case on the prairies here. Some places in Europe, they drop feral pigs and boars like we drop gophers here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    To be different. Some people will buy it for that reason alone.

Side mount magazine also allows shooting prone with longer mags that would otherwise be in the way; This is one reason why the Bren Gun (and a bunch of other light machine guns from ww1/2) is a top-loader.
    Pretty different philosophy of use between the Sten and whatever this abomination is.
    I’d also be concerned about magwell blow out in case of a failure. At least with a standard mag configuration, the blowout is directed down and away from the shooter, not directly across their visage, as is the case with this rifle.
    And lastly, good luck tracking a target that’s running from left to right with a magazine blocking half your FOV.

Unsurprisingly, this was developed by Germans. I guess they decided to take their incredibly overcomplicated automobile design philosophies and apply them to firearms as well.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -Ben Franklin
    One cannot successfully legislate an object to control an action. QuickDraw16

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast