Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617

Thread: HERA H6 Rifle .223 Rem 18" Non-Restricted - COMING SOON!

CGN frequent flyer
    I like the brown hat in the video!

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    I've likely crapped on them a bit as hunting rifles; I like "slower-shooters" for hunting mainly because they tend to show better accuracy more easily, and the methodical one-shot-one-kill approach appeals to me. For coyote shooting, I love semis; I used an RFB almost exclusively as my coyote rifle a few years back, and over the years I have taken a bunch of dogs with Mini14's, Swiss Arms and, back in the day, AR's. There's nothing better than a good-shooting semi for dogs.

But when a new bolt gun comes out, and it's different and apparently scary to some folks, they react by ridiculing those of us who express an interest in it and start name-calling, usually concentrating on the F-bomb. For example:

This stuff gets old fast. I guarantee that this ^ guy would call me a Fudd if we met...but I am looking forward to this gun...gee, I wonder what he would say if he heard that?

I don't have a Tavor, mainly because I tend to buy new semis, shoot them, enjoy them...but if the accuracy doesn't match up with the cartridges, the ranges and the targets in question, then the novelty fades and the gun goes down the road. The .223/5.56 semis listed above simply shot better for me than the couple of Tavors I've monkeyed with.

I've taken deer with an RFB, a Norc M14S, an HK91 and probably others I've forgotten. Each time it was just to try something different. In every case, once was enough. Semis for game beyond varmints just don't do it for me...but for fun shooting, I love 'em.

The way you use your Tavor does sound like fun, and you obviously use it rather than just baby it and keep it in your safe. Bravo! I guess I was just lucky enough to get bored with Tavors by playing with ones owned by friends, rather than having to buy one myself. That lets me concentrate on my leverguns and muzzleloaders...but I still want this Hera!
    I'm a pretty big fan of hunting with my Tavor. Took a couple of coyotes down with the .308, big ole brake and the accuracy is great. 2 shots on a coyote within a second at 50m is definitely nothing to laugh at. Will be using her on deer and bears this year too. Good enough accuracy at 300m and real quick follow up shots due to the obscene brake I have on her makes killing animals a breeze. Almost feels like cheating heheh. Type 81 might get the same treatment, still thinking about that. It feels like a .22 when I shoot it and it is an absolute blast, sucks to be next to me on the range though
    Never trust the feds, they got cameras high up in the skies that can read the colour of our eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltactionsarecool123 View Post
    I'm a pretty big fan of hunting with my Tavor. Took a couple of coyotes down with the .308, big ole brake and the accuracy is great. 2 shots on a coyote within a second at 50m is definitely nothing to laugh at. Will be using her on deer and bears this year too. Good enough accuracy at 300m and real quick follow up shots due to the obscene brake I have on her makes killing animals a breeze. Almost feels like cheating heheh. Type 81 might get the same treatment, still thinking about that. It feels like a .22 when I shoot it and it is an absolute blast, sucks to be next to me on the range though
    Yep, semi-autos are outstanding for coyotes. I haven't used a Tavor, but I spent an entire winter using a KelTec RDB for that purpose. I loved the whole bullpup idea on a semi (not so fond of it on a bolt gun, had a Desert Tech and didn't keep it long). The only reason I sold the RDB was the unique downward ejection; it was one of the things that attracted me in the first place, but it wasn't as easy or comfortable to check the chamber as I would have liked. Never jammed, but that would not have been a fun thing to correct if it happened either.

The bullpup Tavor, with its traditional side-ejection port and accessibility, is still kinda calling to me.

Just realized, you must mean the .308 Tavor? I was thinking more of the .223; I used an RFB in .308 a fair bit on dogs as well as the RDB, but they're pretty hard on a critter you might want to skin. I'm sure the brake makes it plenty fast enough to get back on a running dog, but I find the blast from most brakes to be a bit much for me; bothers me more than recoil.
    Last edited by jjohnwm; 04-08-2024 at 08:40 PM.
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

Updates on this rifle?
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

Cmon, make it in 7.62x39 at least or 308
    "Whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop!"

Quote Originally Posted by RedTip View Post
    Cmon, make it in 7.62x39 at least or 308
    Or, to simplify that...C'mon, make it!

For real, what's going on with these things? Can't get an answer from the manufacturer or NS, starting to think the rifle is vapourware.

As mentioned previously the H6 are in production and HERA have a huge backorder list to go through but they assured us no matter what we are getting our shipment first before the Americans.

They specifically mentioned Canada in this clip below posted 2 weeks ago.

https://youtu.be/-RBQXBC7WmM?t=419

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    As mentioned previously the H6 are in production and HERA have a huge backorder list to go through but they assured us no matter what we are getting our shipment first before the Americans.
    They specifically mentioned Canada in this clip below posted 2 weeks ago.

https://youtu.be/-RBQXBC7WmM?t=419
    Can’t wait to get one

Since it comes In OD I guess I have to get one now.