Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good choice for first firearm?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by .22LRGUY View Post
    ^my list of generic/can't-go-wrong would be very similar minus the semis. I think they're overpriced for what you get and get undeserved attention from the gun-grabbers in Ottawa. I know, discouraging/party-pooper thing to consider..but it's my personal preference anyway and I'd rather have guns I can use. Just my take, semis ARE fun-no doubt about it. I never suggest 10/22s though, fun plinkers but that's about it. (my experience owning 1 new one, shooting several others)

I'm on coffee break anyway, so I'll throw my version up. I'll put top pick first+ an option or two

22LR: Tikka T1x, CZ457 (Varmint or American), Savage B-22
    9mm: Ruger PC9
    .223: Tikka T3x Varmint/Tikka T3x CTR, Savage 10
    X39: SKS
    12ga: Remington 870 or Mossberg 500 (500 is lighter for long carries/870 gets the nod for easier cleaning=both excellent)

Good luck OP!
    i think these list together make a good table but it needs a header of Bolt and Semi.

The choice all depends on OP preferences.

I grew up with bolts exclusively and now i shoot semi almost exclusively (because i know there will be a time when i cant Smoke em if you got em,,,)
    The best time to buy a gun was 40 years ago, the second best time is today.

How can you not get the KRISS Vector SBR .22LR alpine white? It’s what the storm troopers use but it’s real

New here too, I was looking at a Ruger PCC to start but went the 22 route. Costing out ammo it looked like you can fire 3-4 22 rounds for every 9mm on a $/shot basis.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmcc View Post
    i think these list together make a good table but it needs a header of Bolt and Semi.

The choice all depends on OP preferences.

I grew up with bolts exclusively and now i shoot semi almost exclusively (because i know there will be a time when i cant Smoke em if you got em,,,)
    exactly this

get a semi auto 9mm while you still can

CGN frequent flyer
    Ruger pc carbine is nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12