Vortex Defender CCW red dot available now

Al Flaherty's

Supporting Dealer
Business Member
Rating - 98.4%
61   1   0
Vortex Defender CCW Red Dot
available in 6 or 3 MOA

This new red dot from Vortex is an answer to a lot of peoples questions for a high quality durable, yet affordable micro footprint (Shield RMS) red dot. Not only does it offer direct mounting to the designed footprint, it also includes a weaver/picatinny rail mount for those wanting to mount it to a standard rail instead. Motion activated with a 14 hour auto-shutoff feature you can be sure it'll be ready when called for.

There's only 2 questions. What size dot do you prefer, and how many do you want?

Click on the image below to see them online and make your choice! Or come visit and see them for yourself.

I’d like to see the picatinny mount if possible. Can’t find it anywhere on the net.

Google image brings up tons of pics of it mounted on the picatinny mount, I dont want to link those pictures here because this is a dealers thread and the pics are not from them.

If it helps I have sent you links to pictures in a PM

Don’t have one of these, but have the aimpoint and have had 2 Leupold delta points for years. This size red dot is perfect. Have used it on shotguns, carbines, 10/22’s, and pistols. 3 MOA is the right answer, and I’d buy this size form factor over the aimpoint h-1 size (which I also have).

At first, I thought they were too small for a primary optic on a long gun. I was wrong. These pistol size red dots are fantastic and versatile. Highly recommend.

I bought one of these. It comes with several different types of screws which is a nice thing to have. If anyone can point me in the direction of a mounting plate that would be great. I have a G17 with a Brownells slide that is cut for a red dot but I can't seen to find a mounting plate for this optic. And I don't want a plate that removes my rear sights. Anyone know what plate to get? Thanks

Last edited:
Your slide is likely cut to fit the trijicon RMR which was the most common footprint. You will need a plate that converts that to a Shield RMSc for this dot. Best budget $115 for the conversion plate

Back
Top Bottom