Cadex is expanding its production capability!

Needs moar Mazak.

Mazak are amazing machines, but on machine fleet perspective it wouldn't be smart for us to become a small machine shop with just a few Mazak, versus being Canada's 2nd largest machine park for HAAS. The bigger you are the better the customer service you get from the tool makers and this is why we'll stick to HAAS as long as they continue to serve us very well.

Yeah. The stocks up the van at Canadian Tire every morning and comes and fixes the same problem each day. Amazing service :|

Hahaha, well, we have more than 2 dozens of them and do not see the problem you described. Machines are down mainly because we can't find any staff to run them, this is why we'd rather invest in robotics than higher end machines. Thanks for sharing my opinion.

Hahaha, well, we have more than 2 dozens of them and do not see the problem you described. Machines are down mainly because we can't find any staff to run them, this is why we'd rather invest in robotics than higher end machines. Thanks for sharing my opinion.

I think you miss the point of some of the higher end machines. Machines like integrex line offer the ability to do an action or a bolt as a done in 1 setup ready for wire EDM. Put a bar feeder on it and your puttin out parts without an operator for every machine. Equip the machine with a high end tool monitoring system and run a lights out shift. To be clear it doesn’t need to be a Mazak, you can get a 9 or 10 axis turning center from a number of manufacturers. However looking at that level of complexity I would look in other places than Haas. Just my 2 bits and I have 30 years experience at manufacturing process selection and programing.

I think you miss the point of some of the higher end machines. Machines like integrex line offer the ability to do an action or a bolt as a done in 1 setup ready for wire EDM. Put a bar feeder on it and your puttin out parts without an operator for every machine. Equip the machine with a high end tool monitoring system and run a lights out shift. To be clear it doesn’t need to be a Mazak, you can get a 9 or 10 axis turning center from a number of manufacturers. However looking at that level of complexity I would look in other places than Haas. Just my 2 bits and I have 30 years experience at manufacturing process selection and programing.

I understand you completely, but there are a LOT of people who can only think and create processes on "turn it on the lathe, make soft jaws on the mill, add the rest of the holes and pockets" and somehow think if you do it all on one machine you have twice the odds are making NCR's. Im a mill guy, and love running them but now as lead programmer I'm much happier to see a 3 op job now become 1 on ST-20SSY and a finished part that needs no deburring coming off the machine every green button press.

I understand you completely, but there are a LOT of people who can only think and create processes on "turn it on the lathe, make soft jaws on the mill, add the rest of the holes and pockets" and somehow think if you do it all on one machine you have twice the odds are making NCR's. Im a mill guy, and love running them but now as lead programmer I'm much happier to see a 3 op job now become 1 on ST-20SSY and a finished part that needs no deburring coming off the machine every green button press.

That Haas got a sub spindle ? B axis?

My preference is the Doosan machines with a X,Y,B upper tool carrier and a double sided 24 position lower turret. There are others but that was the best value I found when I was buying, that was 10 years ago now though.

Back
Top Bottom