Business Member
Rating - 100%
395   0   0

Attachments

• UmarexHDP50.jpg
    UmarexHDP50.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 5,085
Last edited:
50 cal paintball is generally for beginners, 68 cal is standard size.

This gun is too powerful for paint, it’ll break the ball.

Also, most fields won’t allow paintball guns this powerful.

Respectfully, I disagree that .50 is for beginners. .50 and smaller calibers are generally for milsim.

I wonder if the ammo would work in a paintball gun.

.50 caliber riot balls will work in a .50 paintball gun.

.68 caliber riot balls will work in a .68 paintball gun.

My Police service uses the .68 caliber paintball gun as a pepper-ball launcher with great success.

Are pepper bals legal in Canada? For me I mean, not police.

I’m not sure if they’re legal. I know know they aren’t available.

They might make legal sense for animal control.

Riot balls launched out of this, or a .68 caliber paintball gun will embed in drywall. They will cause significant pain and possibly injury.

I’ve been struck by the .50 caliber and .68 caliber nylon riot balls. The .50 caliber was through two quilted layers of winter clothing and caused bruising and pain.

Not the best labelling "self defence", given that under Canada's laws you are not allowed to own any item for the purpose of self defence.

Of course, bizarrely, you are allowed to use any item for self defense if you are in a genuine self defense situation.

If you buy a baseball bat, do not cheap out, buy the glove & ball, too.

I can see this getting more use as a force-on-force training tool rather than a "self defense" tool. I like that they include both round types.

Less-than-lethal is always weird to me, even in riot/social unrest scenarios.

Not the best labelling "self defence", given that under Canada's laws you are not allowed to own any item for the purpose of self defence.

Of course, bizarrely, you are allowed to use any item for self defense if you are in a genuine self defense situation.

If you buy a baseball bat, do not cheap out, buy the glove & ball, too.

I know what you’re saying. As a Police Officer I know the law well.

I also know that self defense is the most basic of god-given / natural rights. It is not a right bestowed by Trudy (a man with a team of armed guards)

The idea that the government can say you have no right to defensive weapons is absurd.

Bill Blair saying that “… Canadians seek Justice through the Justice system, and not at the barrel of a gun…” is of little comfort to the Indigenous woman being raped and killed by her attacker.

I use the example of an Indigenous woman for Liberal effectiveness (no Liberal can find fault with it). Reality is anyone can be attacked by evil and forced to defend themselves.

Good advice to buy the ball and glove too.

I read an article somewhere, saying, if you use less than lethal force, say a 12 gauge with rubber balls, and you actually kill someone, you are worse off legally than using a 12 gauge slug. Reasoning is, if you are using less than lethal, you were not in fear of life, but by using lethal, you can claim fear of life. Don't know if true, but does sound like how our legal system might work.

I read an article somewhere, saying, if you use less than lethal force, say a 12 gauge with rubber balls, and you actually kill someone, you are worse off legally than using a 12 gauge slug. Reasoning is, if you are using less than lethal, you were not in fear of life, but by using lethal, you can claim fear of life. Don't know if true, but does sound like how our legal system might work.

If you’re in fear for your life, and you use less lethal weapon that takes a life, I don’t Think you’d be worse off.

Most people will use what they have at hand to protect themselves. If that’s less-lethal, then that’s what you’ve got and what you’re using.

Many people are killed without any weapons at all.

This gun is too powerful for paint, it’ll break the ball.

Also, most fields won’t allow paintball guns this powerful.

Respectfully, I disagree that .50 is for beginners. .50 and smaller calibers are generally for milsim.
All the fields I have been to that offered 50 cal market it as less painful for beginners because lower mass = lower joules with the same limited feet per second approved by the establishment. Like airsoft there is a large range of offerings but most people would still consider airsoft a beginners BB/pellet gun due to the projectiles reduced energy.

What is the FPS on this?

Look for youtube video where guy takes valve block out, he only gets about 10 shots out of it, but I sure wouldn't want to be that steel cookie sheet. I think if you were wearing that cookie sheet, you'd have a few good bruises.

I think under Canadian law you are better off using a 3/4 inch breaker bar (which is normal for me to have since I work on cars) or the kids baseball bat for self defense. I also doubt that those will deter a drug induced intruder, maybe makes him even more angry.

Do you remember the Toronto van-on-the-sdewalk killer? Do you remember his arrest? The police officer was brandishing his pistol, and demanding that the killer comply with his commands, but the killer was undeterred. It was only when the police officer has the idea to holster his pistol and draw his baton (instead) that the killer complied. And I mean the killer complied immediately... once he saw the baton... he'd been willing to be shot with real lead bullets, but he was unwilling to be struck with a real steel baton.

So you never know.

Back
Top Bottom