Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deactivated Rifles for display!

Quote Originally Posted by AKpennyman View Post
    Woo! These are expensive lol
    Actually they’re pretty cheep compared to what they would be worth if they could be owned as a restricted or non restricted firearm.
    The most asinine quote in Canadian history;
    A “fringe minority” in truckers convoy with “unacceptable views” “don’t represent Canadians”

I impulse bought a Tula AK-74U that was deactivated by the factory at a local gunstore....No regrets

EDIT: Apparently i'm too fresh to show a pic

Never understood the obsession with buying up neutered firearms. Do you guys have the balls you once had up on display too? What a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooters View Post
    Never understood the obsession with buying up neutered firearms. Do you guys have the balls you once had up on display too? What a waste.
    You’re obviously too young to have handled and operated some of these lovely firearms when they were legal to shoot. Those of us who have shot them and others that appreciate some of these fine items of yore have purchased these for historical reasons.

Your immature remark about manhood shows your lack of respect for historical firearms ownership.
    The most asinine quote in Canadian history;
    A “fringe minority” in truckers convoy with “unacceptable views” “don’t represent Canadians”

Roflzz

It’s for a display!!

Quote Originally Posted by 155DangerClose View Post
    I impulse bought a Tula AK-74U that was deactivated by the factory at a local gunstore....No regrets

EDIT: Apparently i'm too fresh to show a pic
    Nice! How much did that set u back?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    They're not legally firearms so you can buy/display without a PAL, but be mindful of the fact that it's still not a toy and anyone looking through your buddy's window might not know/care. Be discreet, it was once a firearm and anyone who sees it will assume it is.

So..not a firearm, but also not something you want to wave around in front of your window.

I understand the appeal 100%, and so too do the people who buy them. I've been tempted a number of times myself, and have never wanted anything more than the WW2-era 1911 a buddy had back in the early 80s. Cock n click deactivation, basically no bluing left. Didn't change the desire. lol

Super Moderator
    If you want a deactivated rifle, by whatever you want and pay to have it deactivated.
    You don't even have to take possession of the rifle - have it delivered to the gunsmith doing the work.

They wanted 1700, which I thought was absurd. I was able to walk out with it for 1300, which is still absurd....but I love it. If only I was a machinist haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12