Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Ruger Guide Gun in 416, are these still being produced and imported?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Looking for a Ruger Guide Gun in 416, are these still being produced and imported?

I haven't seen any new Guide Guns (or African's) in stock lately. Are these still being produced and imported?

I'd like to pick one up in .416.
    .338 is where the fun starts.

CGN Regular
    If Korth can't come up with anything, i would suggest contacting another site sponsor, who has a great reputation in sourcing some of the select odd-ball guns. That one that resides in that alberta/sask border town.

Also, please let us know where this herd of cape buffalo is roaming.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I've been keeping my eye on PR's inventory almost daily as they tend to carry other Hawkeyes and even have an African in 375 in stock. I already own a 375H&H though so would like to step up to the .416's.

I plan on using the .416 on everything from Deer, Elk, Bear, Moose and Bison domestically and Cape Buff eventually on a future safari.

CGN Regular
    Did you call Clay directly and ask him to keep an active eye out for one? He seems to interact with every gun shop in canada on a daily basis, if he was aware of the want he might be able to pull one out of someone's ass (hopefully still in cosmoline if thats where they were storing it...)

Business Member
    Good Afternoon Northern Shooter,

Yes they are still being imported and produced. The shortage in the USA led to a shortage in Canada and they will come in slowly. The best way to ensure you get one is to preorder it from your local dealer.

Thanks for reaching out.

KGL

I'm looking for a Ruger Guide Rifle in 300 win mag. The model # is 47116. I tried to find someone to pre-order it from. But was told to look into Gun Broker to find 1.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    What about in 338 WinMag, are those showing up as availible from Ruger?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadringer View Post
    Did you call Clay directly and ask him to keep an active eye out for one? He seems to interact with every gun shop in canada on a daily basis, if he was aware of the want he might be able to pull one out of someone's ass (hopefully still in cosmoline if thats where they were storing it...)
    If Clay is your first call, it's about a 99.99% chance that it's the only call you'll need to make. And if he can't do it, he'll tell you straight up. Got my 416 from him, and a 458 Win Mag and a 375 H&H and a 454 Casull and ... . My shoulder really dislikes him, but the rest of me thinks he's the best! :-)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 4570 Forever View Post
    If Clay is your first call, it's about a 99.99% chance that it's the only call you'll need to make. And if he can't do it, he'll tell you straight up. Got my 416 from him, and a 458 Win Mag and a 375 H&H and a 454 Casull and ... . My shoulder really dislikes him, but the rest of me thinks he's the best! :-)
    Clay and PR are great for hooking you up with those big caliber rifles.

So far I've they've sold me a 375 and 458. Next up is 338 and 416.

Business Member
    The model #47116 is now inactive and no longer being made. You may need to reach out to a gun broker.

KGL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast