Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: campro primers small pistol and rifle from $95

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadringer View Post
    Fyi, the campro primers work great, I've never noticed a difference in firing rate or cartridge performance between them and cci.
    I wouldn’t say they work great, more like good or good enough. I’ve had a few duds, standard deviation double that of any US made primer. A little hard to seat. Wouldn’t use them for match ammo but much better than nothing at all.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SierraKilo View Post
    Tried placing in an order and had issues with credit card according to your site, so I sent EMT instead. I see my credit card got charged as well. Can you look into this?

Call in and get this dealt with over the phone. Trying to sort it out via a forum (that was originally about "hey! We got primers!) Isn't the most effective way to go about it (easier for both you and them over the phone. Even if you try and they don't answer, they are super good at calling back on their messages).

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by .30/06 FTW View Post
    I wouldn’t say they work great, more like good or good enough. I’ve had a few duds, standard deviation double that of any US made primer. A little hard to seat. Wouldn’t use them for match ammo but much better than nothing at all.
    Thats interesting, I had a problem seating them in both 9mm and 40cal. federal brass, but figured that was more of a feseral issue, everything else it went in like butter. Also interesting about the failure rate (not that its like that, more that theres enough failures to establish baselines, I wish I got to shoot that much). And hints as to a certain gun or setting that causes more failures across all primers (crazy light trigger, lightened slide, tie-dyed grips)? Most of my volume is through mid-range 1911, cz 75, glock 40 and shadow 2 (and I can't think of more than 1 or at the most failures per thousand, which are usually associated with a FTF). Machine ammo (like a mark 5 or 7 or whatever they are called)?

But, yeah, sadly in this new age, all things are better than nothing at all, which is becoming more and more common (he types while wistfully looking over at the large rifle primer rack and seeing theres only 3 sleeves of no34 left...)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadringer View Post
    Thats interesting, I had a problem seating them in both 9mm and 40cal. federal brass, but figured that was more of a feseral issue, everything else it went in like butter. Also interesting about the failure rate (not that its like that, more that theres enough failures to establish baselines, I wish I got to shoot that much). And hints as to a certain gun or setting that causes more failures across all primers (crazy light trigger, lightened slide, tie-dyed grips)? Most of my volume is through mid-range 1911, cz 75, glock 40 and shadow 2 (and I can't think of more than 1 or at the most failures per thousand, which are usually associated with a FTF). Machine ammo (like a mark 5 or 7 or whatever they are called)?
    Given that people are finding them harder to seat may partially explain failures to detonate. If the primer is not fully seated it is not unusual for the round to not go off on the first hit.

This can be more of an issue with progressive loaders where you don't get much 'feel' for if the primer is fully seated. A few years ago I loaded a bunch of 38 Specials on my Loadmaster and had several failures to detonate on the first strike. This was odd because I had previously loaded lots of 9mm on the same machine with nary a problem. For some reason the primer punch just didn't bottom the primers out on the 38's like they did on the 9's. When I adjusted the primer punch deeper the problem went away.

Even now I hand prime my 38 PPC loads to ensure that the primers are fully seated because my PPC revolver action is VERY light so primers must be fully seated to give me dependable ignition.

I haven't used Campro/Ginx LPP's, but my experience with their SPP echoes everyone else...tough to seat.

Quote Originally Posted by ted_dent View Post
    Given that people are finding them harder to seat may partially explain failures to detonate. If the primer is not fully seated it is not unusual for the round to not go off on the first hit.
    I usually end up with a couple duds, and that's what I think is happening. either not seated correctly or damaged from seating.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Garand's Avatar
    I have been told that UPS doesn't ship Dangerous Goods (Ammo, primers, powder) to Medicine Hat Alberta, do you have an alternate courier?
    Real soldiers are old-fashioned people who still believe in honour, and that is the most attractive thing about them. -Gwynne Dyer

Boss Spearman in Open Range : " I always liked a gun with a little heft to it".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12