Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Safety tips for private sales

Safety tips for private sales

How would you ensure the safety of both parties in a private gun sale? Things the buying party should ask for? Things the selling party should ask for? Would suggesting the police station be a good place to make the transaction (as long as you notify them in advance of your event!)? Any advice to ensure a safe transaction is appreciated. Please consider worst case scenarios because I know everything goes well until it doesn't.
    Weapons are part of my religion

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    LOL, police station

These days face to face may be too risky - you never know who's on the other end of the deal - I prefer to ship via Canada Post with tracking number/insurance once I receive payment for the item and confirmed with the CFO that the person on the other end have a valid license. Also would confirm mailing address to make sure it's the same as to what they have on file.

A few years back some guy was selling his new phone - met someone that knifed him and took his phone that person who was selling the phone died.

ivob

CGN frequent flyer
    Grow some balls. I have dealt many firearms at my local gas station. Some picked up at people's house, gun range, mall parking, etc. I know I am physically capable and I always carry a knife.

I have been buying and selling for a long time on Kijiji, craigslist, Facebook marketplace.

I usually spot the person before they spot me.
    Last edited by rmsg0040; 04-06-2023 at 07:47 AM.

Police station is a bad idea. They don’t want you bringing guns there. Most of my gun deals have been face to face. I haven’t had any problems with meeting people and doing gun deals in parking lots over to the side. Keep it quiet and guns down out of site of the public. Don’t be stupid. Here in NS we had a couple incidents where people shouldered a pellet gun during a deal in a parking lot. Police called and charges laid. Some people I have met I have since done repeat deals with.
    Smokeless powder is just a passing fad. #1 gun rule,carry one.

I would say if you are concerned, dont go alone. Take a friend. Make the meet in a place that is public but where you can be a bit discreet and likely has cameras. Perhaps a local range?

I think you are buying into the "all people with guns are bad" paranoia that is served a lot on these forums when in actuality it is quite the opposite. If you are still uncomfortable then pay the shipping price even if it across town.
    An hour late is still on time for people who aren’t coming

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Why do people say to meet at a local range or gun store, they are not all that convenient.

A big old store parking lot, gas station etc.
    Face to face seals are a necessity at times as are 3 hour drives.

There is a large number of people that will NOT ship, scan the EE and youll see, same as on gun.post

The amount of scared men afraid to to do a face to face these days is astounding.
    The lack of common sense is a front runner as well.
    The amount of Hand holding needed is up there too.

Worst case, they change their mind after seeing it, no show, or try and low ball you by not enough cash.

I actually find local dealings more annoying than online. The logistics of trying to meet up. Sometimes the time works for you, does not work for them.

I bring my dog with me to meet up.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by FatCatsDad View Post
    Why do people say to meet at a local range or gun store, they are not all that convenient.

A big old store parking lot, gas station etc.
    Face to face seals are a necessity at times as are 3 hour drives.

There is a large number of people that will NOT ship, scan the EE and youll see, same as on gun.post

The amount of scared men afraid to to do a face to face these days is astounding.
    The lack of common sense is a front runner as well.
    The amount of Hand holding needed is up there too.
    Not everybody lives in butt #### nowheres.

Because some areas are not that gun friendly and meeting at a range or gun store, it wouldn't be shocking to see someone with a gun. The more urban the area, the more likely to have someone call the cops on you.

I'm not scared, I just dont want my time wasted. Easier to close my screen and move to the next, then worry about wasting my times with calls and driving there.

Had this guy wanting snow blower parts. The guy was trying to tell me that I left a voice mail, I don't call. When we finally meet up. I get asked if I was the one selling the snowblower. He looks at the parts, ain't even what he wanted.

So I had to leave my house to meet up and the guy had no idea what he was buying.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    Not everybody lives in butt #### nowheres.

Because some areas are not that gun friendly and meeting at a range or gun store, it wouldn't be shocking to see someone with a gun. The more urban the area, the more likely to have someone call the cops on you.

I'm not scared, I just dont want my time wasted. Easier to close my screen and move to the next, then worry about wasting my times with calls and driving there.

Had this guy wanting snow blower parts. The guy was trying to tell me that I left a voice mail, I don't call. When we finally meet up. I get asked if I was the one selling the snowblower. He looks at the parts, ain't even what he wanted.

So I had to leave my house to meet up and the guy had no idea what he was buying.
    Hard to mail Atv ,tires, washers and dryers.

I think we are talking about fafce to face gun deals in the particular thread.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast