Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Register to Watch Next Week's Federal Court Hearing

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    This whole variant thing should be removed. Gone.

A firearm should be classified on its own characteristics. Period.
    There is no style, no genetics, no kinda-sorta-ish, no guilt by association in this process. They're supposed to be running a lab FFS
    Isn't that what it is called, the FFS Laboratory? I could have sworn that's what I heard...

Uber Super GunNutz
    RE arguments this morning over joules. AGC stated that it is up to the individual to ensure their reloads are under 10k joules. This of course exposes the fact that many current NR rifles would now be banned because of the CAPABILITY to exceed 10k joules with many common rifles. This is blatantly unreasonable and should be pointed out.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ipscshooters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    RE arguments this morning over joules. AGC stated that it is up to the individual to ensure their reloads are under 10k joules. This of course exposes the fact that many current NR rifles would now be banned because of the CAPABILITY to exceed 10k joules with many common rifles. This is blatantly unreasonable and should be pointed out.
    The Government can hand out free chronographs to every PAL holder in Canada.......

Just like they hand out free naloxone kits to the addicts

BTW those naloxone kits cost 125$ to 150$ per kit, billed to the taxpayer , this is what a nurse told me

She also said when the junkies run-out of needles, they take the rig with the naloxone in it, empty it out, put their junk in the clean needle and toss the rest of the kit out, the cost of the needle is 25 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    So many times the words "capable of" have been ignored...first by politicians and now by the courts.

It's like R v Hasselwander has been overturned..."capable of..." doesn't mean what it meant then.

Or after this case ends, Murray Smith retires and the SFSS gets a new Sheriff with a new interpretation and the FRT changes wholesale...either way...

My personal opinion is that G46 was an admission that firearms like the Ruger No. 1 and M98s and anything with a strong action has been illegal for three years now. It's just the people who conspired to put the words "capable of..." were dishonest then and they are dishonest now and they'll change the interpretation when it suits them and the courts will have to agree because yeah, that's what those words "capable of..." mean. It doesn't say jack about relativism to design loads or the current configuration.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwilco View Post
    Or after this case ends, Murray Smith retires
    I thought
    • Murray Smith retired from SFSS in 2019
    • Murray Smith was immediately hired as an expert consultant by the Ministry of Public Safety.

Presumably he used that time to draft the initial 1500 makes/models for the May 1 2020 OIC.
    One eye to the past. One eye to the future. The wisest course.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Gorham this morning: If you are a gun owner you are not a credible witness. If you are not a gun owner, but understand that gun legislation will not reduce homicide etc, you also are not credible. If you are against public firearms ownership, you will be a credible witness.
    - Thomas Paine

Uber Super GunNutz
    More of "GiC determines what interpretation is, it can be vague and precise at the same time, there are other firearms available for use, we need to be vague to ban firearms meant to comply with laws ... and on and on"

I hope the applicants are sharp. There is a lot to unpack.
    - Thomas Paine

CGN Ultra frequent flyer slarsen47's Avatar
    Polite conversation is not going to stop the bullies with an agenda that will harm you and your family for all eternity.
    I stand for freedom, law and order, justice, low taxes, prosperity, healthy lifestyle and property rights.

But I am "old school" and can see the "writing on the wall".

Quote Originally Posted by slarsen47 View Post
    polite conversation is not going to stop the bullies with an agenda that will harm you and your family for all eternity.
    this!
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Uber Super GunNutz
    It's a wrap.

Applicants did very well today IMO. I am optimistic, based solely on the lack of logic from the AGC's side.
    - Thomas Paine

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456