Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Did you Know? We buy Handguns!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer KotKotofeich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    At this point you can’t transfer them to another individual. So in the event of a death or leaving the country for an extended period of time you have no other option but to turn them over for “destruction”.
    No, you have options. You can store them with someone "in the event of leaving the country for an extended period". With a licensed friend or a business. With TSE even :P

And a serious question for TSE: could someone have you buy a handgun for their exclusive use? i.e. it gets stored at the range permanently but only that person can shoot it. (i.e. central storage) This is the model for handgun ownership in Russia as an example. I'm not personally interested but someone might be...
    Always looking for guns made 1890 or earlier - class doesn't matter, even prohibiteds.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by KotKotofeich View Post
    No, you have options. You can store them with someone "in the event of leaving the country for an extended period". With a licensed friend or a business. With TSE even :P

And a serious question for TSE: could someone have you buy a handgun for their exclusive use? i.e. it gets stored at the range permanently but only that person can shoot it. (i.e. central storage) This is the model for handgun ownership in Russia as an example. I'm not personally interested but someone might be...
    Honest question, what would be the benefit of this for anyone? Especially TSE? It’s a lose/lose for them in my eyes.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    The import ban is for businesses as well I guess. So what's your price for my rusty TT33?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryang5177 View Post
    Honest question, what would be the benefit of this for anyone? Especially TSE? It’s a lose/lose for them in my eyes.
    They would charge you for storage... win for them but lose for you.
    That awkward moment when a zombie looking for brains walks right by you.

It's actually interesting for younger folks that do not have the luxury of 12.x licenses when a relative that owns prohibs dies. At least the collection can bring back some money to the family and some joy to other shooters...
    Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has.
    - Descartes

Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel View Post
    The import ban is for businesses as well I guess. So what's your price for my rusty TT33?
    I don't think that is correct. Business can still import for the sale to military and law enforcement agencies.
    "Any idiot can piss on the floor, but it takes a real hero to sh!t on the ceiling." - Maclean Maclean

Dumpster fire thread

Aren't all transfers right now for handguns frozen anyways for both Business and Consumer end?

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IWS2K View Post
    Aren't all transfers right now for handguns frozen anyways for both Business and Consumer end?
    Businesses with the appropriate provisions can still acquire various prohibited firearms.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    Ah okay. Prohibited class 12.x