Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW TNA 3-GUN VR-66 12ga SHOTGUN is here!

Quote Originally Posted by GimpyGolden View Post
    Hopefully that resolves itself as the round count increases.
    I've read of tuning M2's for softer loads by cutting off a few coils on the recoil spring. I think TNA has them on hand if you go too far so might be an option for you.
    I went over some of the bearing surfaces with emery cloth. I've also ordered some faster slugs.

I really don't mind tinkering with it - I actually quite enjoy it.

I've got plenty of other auto shotguns to fall back on.

My 2 cents, I've had great luck breaking in semi-automatics with the cheapest 3" shells I can find. Are usually #2's or BB's, but are heavy high brass 3"ers around 1500fps. Run a box through it as fast as your shoulder can take it, be mindful of the barrels temp. It breaks in most guns in 1 box, and are good to go on 1oz skeet ammo afterwards. Save your buckshot for meaningful shooting. Not telling others what to do, but that has worked for me on new Benelli's (inertia & gas), Beretta's and Turkish clones. My inertia gun shoots 7/8 oz reliably, haven't tried that ammo with the gassers.
    Victory Formation

"Somebody get a gun and shoot it! Doesn't anybody have a gun?" Jaws 1975
    A society grows great when men plant trees in whose shade they know they shall never sit.

Quote Originally Posted by Grain View Post
    My 2 cents, I've had great luck breaking in semi-automatics with the cheapest 3" shells I can find. Are usually #2's or BB's, but are heavy high brass 3"ers around 1500fps. Run a box through it as fast as your shoulder can take it, be mindful of the barrels temp. It breaks in most guns in 1 box, and are good to go on 1oz skeet ammo afterwards. Save your buckshot for meaningful shooting. Not telling others what to do, but that has worked for me on new Benelli's (inertia & gas), Beretta's and Turkish clones. My inertia gun shoots 7/8 oz reliably, haven't tried that ammo with the gassers.
    Good advice. Thanks.

Took mine out squirrel hunting on my property today. It cycled low brass #6 birdshot.

Strange. I bet it’ll cycle my low velocity slugs now - I’ll have to try tomrrow.

We probably want to keep the ghost loads term a secret.

Once Trudy and his band of idiots figure out this idea, well you know, he will ban the ghost loader gun!........
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Super GunNutz
    Got my VR-66, already got a Tacord trigger spring in there (thanks Casey) and it dropped pull from 6.5 to 4lbs.
    Will try to run some different loads through it hopefully before the weekend.

Name:  20231219_203522.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  41.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GimpyGolden View Post
    Got my VR-66, already got a Tacord trigger spring in there (thanks Casey) and it dropped pull from 6.5 to 4lbs.
    Will try to run some different loads through it hopefully before the weekend.

Name:  20231219_203522.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  41.2 KB
    That looks good. Where did you get the mag extension and clamp?

Super GunNutz
    From TNA though I think I got the last one.
    Might wanna give em a buzz and see if they have or are getting more.

I can confirm the Strike Industries mlok forward grip is a perfect fit.

VR-66 PSA

My charging handle was coming out very easily and I was becoming worried that I’d lose it in the snow.

I took apart the shotgun bolt and found the Allen head screw, that is holding in the charging handle spring, and ball detent, to have nearly backed all the way out.

I removed the screw, cleaned it, and the bolt threads with alcohol, stretched the spring a little, and reinstalled with blue loctite.

The handle is now holding firmly.

I was very near to losing some critical components. Check the Allen head screw on the front of the bolt carrier! It should be flush.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast