Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: CSAAA Resignation, Ryan Harriman

Thanks for clarifying. I feel for the retailers with trapped inventory.

I hope C-21 helped most of them in the short term - nice to sell 5 years worth of handguns in 6 months.

Also, is there anything preventing retailers from exporting this inventory if they can’t afford to hold it? Likely at a loss, but at least get some cash out of it.

Obviously non-US stuff (Swiss arms, Norinco etc.) would have further to go, but I would think most AR parts could go South.

Also, why not sell to Ukraine? I know there is controversy there, but better than selling to JT.

Alberta for now, back to the Yukon someday
    Thanks for the info Ryan. I definitely had a wtf moment when reading the news today

Quote Originally Posted by K1LLswitch View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. I feel for the retailers with trapped inventory.

I hope C-21 helped most of them in the short term - nice to sell 5 years worth of handguns in 6 months.

Also, is there anything preventing retailers from exporting this inventory if they can’t afford to hold it? Likely at a loss, but at least get some cash out of it.

Obviously non-US stuff (Swiss arms, Norinco etc.) would have further to go, but I would think most AR parts could go South.

Also, why not sell to Ukraine? I know there is controversy there, but better than selling to JT.
    For the most part, the US won't allow US "Assault Rifles" back into the US. The Canadian gov't said we could export them when they brought in the OIC but the US won't let them back in

Quote Originally Posted by Klondiker View Post
    Thanks for the info Ryan. I definitely had a wtf moment when reading the news today
    I had a wtf moment when I tuned into the briefing this morning.

Ryan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'm glad to see you taking a stand for your principles. Same goes for Philip O'dell from Odell Engineering Ltd. Taking a stand for firearms owners across the country and not participating in the governments plans to confiscate legally purchased property is the right call. Your store was a go to for me as it's decently local. I was not looking forward to having another store close to me end up on my boycott list. So thank you for resigning and taking a stand with the rest of us firearms owners.

Sorry.. I don't buy that the CSAAA was helping people figure out inventory.. if you don't know what you have and what you paid, your business was already tanked.

unexpected SFRC W.

My WTF moment is how will these twisted propaganda optics and lies be rectified. This is the most amount of damage done to us in the shortest amount our time.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Sudan and Haiti are burgeoning markets. Or sell them to Ukraine and they can use our tax dollars to purchase em.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer agilent_one's Avatar
    Yeah. The windowless van with "free candy and puppies" painted on the side next to the playground didn't look suspicious at all.

How was this not immediately foreseeable as the most likely outcome?

That said, I appreciate your stance and statement, Ryan.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast