Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: CSAAA Resignation, Ryan Harriman

All I want is my Foxbat 19 from BCL?

I will opt out of spending any money on those csaaa director's business's for the future.

As a director of the board, you had/ have no knowledge of a signed contract with the Liberals for $700,000? How does that make sense?
    If you meet more than one azzhole per day...chances are you're the azzhole....

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1976 View Post
    As a director of the board, you had/ have no knowledge of a signed contract with the Liberals for $700,000? How does that make sense?
    It doesn’t lies lies and more lies

Quote Originally Posted by Galt View Post
    Sorry.. I don't buy that the CSAAA was helping people figure out inventory.. if you don't know what you have and what you paid, your business was already tanked.
    A lot of stores have no idea what they have. Believe it or not its the truth. Lots of small business owners in all fields are people who had a hobby that grew and have no formal business training. I've bought out dozens of smaller businesses over the years and you'd be surprised how many people still record everything on paper.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aries-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K1LLswitch View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. I feel for the retailers with trapped inventory.

I hope C-21 helped most of them in the short term - nice to sell 5 years worth of handguns in 6 months.

Also, is there anything preventing retailers from exporting this inventory if they can’t afford to hold it? Likely at a loss, but at least get some cash out of it.

Obviously non-US stuff (Swiss arms, Norinco etc.) would have further to go, but I would think most AR parts could go South.

Also, why not sell to Ukraine? I know there is controversy there, but better than selling to JT.
    mainly the fact the government controls who gets an export permit. and the cost of exporting is extremely high. then there is the fact the guns we get in up here arent worth dick in the states.

Thank you for the clarification, Ryan.
    CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by Rescueman1961 View Post
    All I want is my Foxbat 19 from BCL?
    Me too! They are supposed to be putting out a press release shortly I'm told they are now using Shadow Systems barrels and small parts due to the small production run.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Janeau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    I'm posting this in a separate message as I wanted to explain a bit about the CSAAA and what is going on with many dealers.

There has been a lot of talk about the CSAAA today. I'll start out by stating most of what was announced by the gov't this morning was twisted into some liberal propaganda and that I was caught totally off guard by most of the content of the announcement. When the announcement started with the gov't lying about the CSAAA helping them find 11,000 guns I knew it was going to be bad. That being said, most retailers and distributors have now prohibited firearms in their inventory that they can't sell. It's tying up capital and putting some of them in incredibly difficult financial positions. I know some people think a dealer makes tons of money but in reality there is 18-20% markup on a gun. That means if a dealer is stuck with $100,000 in prohibited inventory they have to sell over $1,000,000 of other items to make up for that loss as profit in a gun store is less than 10% once you factor in labour, insurance, utilities etc. I wish it was higher but it isn't. Imagine loosing a year or two of revenue due to the OIC. The CSAAA was contracted to assist dealers that wanted assistance with figuring out what inventory was prohibited or non saleable due to the OIC. If a dealer didn't want to be included or didn't want help then they wouldn't be in the data.

I know it sounds like the CSAAA was helping the gov't but that was never the intent of the CSAAA...although it looks terrible looking in from out outside. They wanted to help many struggling dealers who are on the brink of bankruptcy, have reduced in size, are behind on payments etc with getting rid of dead inventory so their businesses could survive. Not everyone is in that position but many are. SFRC for instance has over $500,000 in prohibited firearms and products we are sitting on and can no longer sell. The CSAAA wasn't setting prices, picking up guns, etc, they were contracted to help dealers that wanted assistance with figuring out what they hand in inventory and passing that data on to the gov't if the dealer wanted. Anything else you read or see online is a lie.

Personally speaking, I don't see a buy back happening for dealers of individuals any time soon. Even if the data was compiled it would more than likely be years before anyone sees a dime...if ever.

To the person that made the bud lite/CSAAA meme, you deserve a medal. It made me laugh on this crappy day.
    Explain the 700K collaboration contract with the Libs ?

The CSAAA was very naive in not anticipating the damage their collaboration with the Libs will do and has done to-the gun owners - be financially or personally and dealers involved in IOC challenge.

Now it’s all over the media and the public - the ‘gun industry agreed those guns have no civilian use’. True or not - the CSAAA put themselves in the position to be the pawn in the Libs and antis game. It gave a boost to Medicino and his gun grab scheme.

Before the CSAAA stepped to the Libs plate - nobody in the gun industry wanted ANY part of it. They screwed up badly now.

There is a saying “hell is full of individuals with good intentions “
    That were they belong now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aries-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easy View Post
    My WTF moment is how will these twisted propaganda optics and lies be rectified. This is the most amount of damage done to us in the shortest amount our time.
    Doubt it will. the fact people believe Mendicino over the CSAAA is quite telling. the person that has been blatantly lieing to us for the last 3 years, ####ting on us every chance they get. they say one thing. and now they speak the gospel.